EFL (Carabao) Cup 3rd Round Draw

bannedfromHandV

Anyone else noticed that the draw is taking place in Beijing (wtf?) and that it will be done at 4.15am GMT.

Additional levels of bizarre added by the fact that it will not be broadcast or streamed live on any format, they will apparently just release the fixtures via social media.

This smacks of being a fix already.

What relevance this English competition has with China is beyond me, I'm sick of this supposed need to involve other (far flung and cash rich) countries in our competitions, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Don't even get me started on the new penalty shootout format.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40998964

its **** ridiculous. There was an article on the Beeb discussing all the changes, suggesting that was disrespecting the cup, yet we have a 4.15 draw from **** China :crylaugh:

I love the league cup. I am ambivalent on the penalty thing, but I do dislike the seeding for big teams. I don't mind the north / south divide early on that makes sense.

There will be no live coverage anywhere of the draw - on television or online - but details will be released on social media.

"Once the logistics have been completed in Beijing, the UK will be waking up and the breakfast media will be able to report and get reaction on the 16 ties that will take place next month, which we feel is an interesting move away from the usual post-game evening draws," the EFL statement added.

donald-duck-bribe.gif

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

What clubs are left and who can we possibly draw?

It's the winners from this lot, and I think more teams... can't seem to find a list though 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

The draw is unseeded and no North/South anymore, so anyone can draw anyone (bribe dependent). Here is the list of teams:

Manchester United
Arsenal
Chelsea
Liverpool
Manchester City
Tottenham
Everton
Crystal Palace
West Brom
Aston Villa
Bournemouth
Brighton
Burton Albion
Sunderland
Doncaster
Bristol Rovers
Leeds
Middlesbrough
Swansea
Norwich
Brentford
Leicester
Bristol City
Bolton
Reading
Barnsley OR Derby
Blackburn OR Burnley
Cheltenham OR West Ham
Huddersfield OR Rotherham
Newcastle OR Nottingham Forest
Southampton OR Wolves
Stoke OR Rochdale

• Like 1

do carabao not realise that what they're actually doing is detrimental to the competition they sponsor?

there might be an argument that this is a great marketing ploy for them but the opinion of this being a mickey mouse cup certainly wont change now

So basically hope to avoid: Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Tottenham, Everton, Leicester

Not the worst or best draw: Crystal Palace, West Brom, Bournemouth, Brighton, Sunderland, Leeds, Boro, Swansea

Good Draw: Brentford, Bristol City, Bolton, Burton Albion, Doncaster, Bristol

I haven't added the matches from today. As long as we avoid the teams in the first row I listed, I think we have a chance to go forward. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

do carabao not realise that what they're actually doing is detrimental to the competition they sponsor?

there might be an argument that this is a great marketing ploy for them but the opinion of this being a mickey mouse cup certainly wont change now

Not sure, People are talking about the draw being in China at 4.15 far more than they would be if it was just the regular draw. Now sure people are whining but Carabao has been mentioned far more than it it ever would have by getting a couple of fat ex players pulling balls out of a bowl at 10 o clock at night in southampton, stoke or newcastle.

The only weird thing i guess is that Carabao isn't even a chinese brand, It is from Thialand and it's about a 5 hour flight from Bangkok to Beijing so not like it is right next door

Edited by LakotaDakota