Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

I've never seen the guy play, but Benfica fans say he is the best keeper they have ever had (including better than Oblak) and apparently he's extremely good with the ball at his feet.

If that is the case 40m could be considered a bargain in a years time. He obviously isn't going to struggle aerially like Bravo did either.

That would make it around 150m euros worth of rumoured deals for Man City and the window hasn't even opened yet...

To be fair there's 2/3 Prem teams that you can the same about, Utd will almost definitely do the same, Chelsea will spend big on a CB and maybe a striker, Arsenal should spend, Spurs who are apparently doing it right will still spend 

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

I've never seen the guy play, but Benfica fans say he is the best keeper they have ever had (including better than Oblak) and apparently he's extremely good with the ball at his feet.

If that is the case 40m could be considered a bargain in a years time. He obviously isn't going to struggle aerially like Bravo did either.

That would make it around 150m euros worth of rumoured deals for Man City and the window hasn't even opened yet...

He's played pretty much two seasons worth of game in Portugal. I do not at all see how he can be worth so much?

Portugese clubs always get major money for their players....Mangala for 40m and Benfica are another who sell key players for huge amounts.

Haven't seen too much of Ederson but he flapped at a corner that lead to a goal in the Portugal cup final yesterday.

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

well what a coup it will be for City to win the title next year

There's no guarantee they'll do that. Pep's inability to get his teams defending well could cost him. It's not Barcelona or Bayern where 90% of your league games aren't competitive.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Portugese clubs always get major money for their players....Mangala for 40m and Benfica are another who sell key players for huge amounts.

Haven't seen too much of Ederson but he flapped at a corner that lead to a goal in the Portugal cup final yesterday.

Yes, it's all rather strange, Mangala is a truly awful player as well. 

So Man City are going to spend £150 on 2 players they don't need, with a perfectly good goalkeeper in hart cast aside to sign bravo for £17million to then cast him aside for another keeper and sign a striker when they have aguero, Jesus and ihanecho and bony to come back.

never mind sorting out that pathetic defensive unit they have though

8 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's played pretty much two seasons worth of game in Portugal. I do not at all see how he can be worth so much?

not even that, think was just 10 games last season

this is a major risk and Guardiola has a proven record of playing woeful goalkeepers. Neuer the obvious exception

22 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

So Man City are going to spend £150 on 2 players they don't need, with a perfectly good goalkeeper in hart cast aside to sign bravo for £17million to then cast him aside for another keeper and sign a striker when they have aguero, Jesus and ihanecho and bony to come back.

never mind sorting out that pathetic defensive unit they have though

Agree in principle but Hart isn't a top 4 quality keeper at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Agree in principle but Hart isn't a top 4 quality keeper at all.

I think he is, tbh I think other than lloris and de gea joe hart is good enough for every other side in the prem, it just baffles me why Man City are desperate to get him out for someone else

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1

His level up to February was pretty good, been poor last three months.

Torino are just all out attack so on average he's had to face 5-10 shots a game so inevitable he'll let a few in. (hasn't covered himself in glory on crosses).

Take last night's game, lazy fan will look at it and say oh Joe Hart is rubbish, he let in 3 goals to an Italian team I've never heard of. First goal was a brilliant save that just went to the striker to tap in, second he was wrong footed by a deflection and third was a penalty.

Bravo went through a spell this season when he could not save a single shot on target.

Think he'll end up at Everton or West Ham.

Edited by VillaChris

Hart is awful, the amount of goals he concedes low to his left is laughable. If his name was a Mignolet or Bravo he would have been tortured by media a long time ago

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Hart is awful, the amount of goals he concedes low to his left is laughable. If his name was a Mignolet or Bravo he would have been tortured by media a long time ago

He literally *keeps* conceding low to his left! Thought I was the only one to notice. IMO he started off this season poorly, before descending to a shambles after the winter break. Agree with Chris that their defense is poor, particularly when Castan is injured. They sold all of their other best defenders last summer. But Hart has been responsible for poor goals being conceded almost every week for months.

• Like 1

Bournemouth have signed keeper Asmir Begovic from Premier League champions Chelsea for an undisclosed fee.

The 29-year-old Bosnia-Herzegovina player has signed a "long-term deal" with the Cherries 10 years after signing for them on loan when they were in League One.

Boy, that Chelsea move worked out well for him. Who would have thought he would never displace Courtois and would set his career back years?

Everyone. Everyone thought that.

• Like 2