General Election 2017

ender4

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Of course I can see the difference, doesn't mean I liked what either was offering.

I still think Corbyn's a liability and May was a lazy, charmless hag who thought she didn't need to bother with a real manifesto.

Well that is fair, I honestly do want to rub this result in people's faces, but equally I know that that seems petty so I will/won't. The one thing I will say for Corbyn, is that  he wants the best for us, and not just him, he has employed a shadow cabinet full of talented women, black people, white people - it just was for me, the best option. x

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Seems likely, with David Davis or Boris leading the Tories I reckon. 

Think Boris will be leading them, Davis isn't well known enough to the general public and doesn't have the same appeal as Boris.

3 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Think Boris will be leading them, Davis isn't well known enough to the general public and doesn't have the same appeal as Boris.

Boris, is the best they have. But Boris has a recent history of lying in order to gain power. I couldn't think of a worse candidate for them. 

Pretty sad to see a mining town, Mansfield, shift from Labour to Conservative. Has been red for about 100 years. 

(They're proper racist and anti-immigration though. Probably explains it.)

• Like 1

Forget if your labour or conservative how can anyone think this is a good result? A labour or conservTive majority would have been better. We go to arguably some of the most important talks jn our history with more uncertainty.

People are allowing their hatred to cloud their judgement.

Congratulations to corbyn though he has bounced back a remarkable reault and may has to resign. She has absolutely humiliated herself with this pointless election. Her Arrogance led to her failure. She has no one to blame but herself 

• Like 1

May has screwed up so badly that it makes me wonder if she's done this intentionally because she doesn't want to be the one responsible for negotiating the Brexit deal. By all accounts, any Brexit deal we get is not going to be good for Britain so maybe she's not got the courage to deliver it and tried to find a way out. By that reckoning, I expect she will resign very soon. 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Forget if your labour or conservative how can anyone think this is a good result? A labour or conservTive majority would have been better. We go to arguably some of the most important talks jn our history with more uncertainty.

People are allowing their hatred to cloud their judgement.

Congratulations to corbyn though he has bounced back a remarkable reault and may has to resign. She has absolutely humiliated herself with this pointless election. Her Arrogance led to her failure. She has no one to blame but herself 

Nah, I didn't want a Conservative majority. This result is better. 

• Like 4

Corbyn's Labour popping corks, after not beating the worst offering I've ever witnessed from a Tory party tells me all you need to know about them. 

Not enough to oust the Tories and not enough to change the leadership, is about the worst result I could've hoped for. (Bar a huge Tory majority)

Just now, jon_c said:

Corbyn's Labour popping corks, after not beating the worst offering I've ever witnessed from a Tory party tells me all you need to know about them.

Think it tells you all you need to know about the voting public. After a terrible campaign with zero pushing on policies, the Conservatives will still hold 50+ more seats than any other party.

It's almost a miracle that this has gone as well as it has. 

• Like 2

"I was very clear before calling this general election, that we were asking the public to give me a strong mandate for nego(s)iating Brexit talks with the EU. What is very clear, and I have been very clear, is that 300 odd is a bigger number than 200 odd, and this is undeniable proof that Britain has chosen a Strong and Stable supreme leader. My Brexit Plan will become very clear over the course of the next 8 weeks, and as I have already made clear that means no deal is better than a bad deal."

• Like 1

Â