• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

9 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I love this thread. There's literally nowhere else I go in order to get reliable information on what's happening out in Ukraine.

Thanks to everyone who contributes, whether that's with facts and information or just asking questions of those with facts and information.

VT still reminds me of the days when the internet was a nice place to be.

Just stay out of on topic! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If this carries on like this, how realistic is it for Ukraine to retake the Crimea?  That would be a shattering blow for Russia.

Yes, it would also mean Putin couldn’t just say “mission complete, that’s why we pulled out of Ukraine”. 

On Crimea one thing that really pissed me off is the footage of Ukraine blowing some stuff up. Now it’s not that part that annoys me, it’s the fact it’s recorded by Russian tourists chilling on the beach. 

What **** arrogance that they holiday on a bit on stolen land during an invasion. It’s not fair for civilians to be caught up in this but i’d make exceptions for these people.

Edited by Genie

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

What **** arrogance that they holiday on a bit on stolen land during an invasion. It’s not fair for civilians to be caught up in this but i’d make exceptions for these people.

I think there's a few things to understand here. Crimea has always been a big Russian tourist destination, Yalta in particular. The Russian people have been continually lied to and an awful lot of them outside the major cities really have no reason to disbelieve the propaganda. They were told Crimea was safe, they believed it. So did the Russian Government probably

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yes, it would also mean Putin couldn’t just say “mission complete, that’s why we pulled out of Ukraine”. 

On Crimea one thing that really pissed me off is the footage of Ukraine blowing some stuff up. Now it’s not that part that annoys me, it’s the fact it’s recorded by Russian tourists chilling on the beach. 

They have been brainwashed for decades. 

• Like 1

Its very interesting on Flighradar24 at the moment. 

An US B52 is flying in circles over Cheltenham.  

An US F16 is flying in circles off the coast of Middlesbrough.

A UK Eurofighter is flying in circles near York. 

A UK Eurofighter is flying backwards and forwards between Edinburgh and York.  

A US F4 from Germany and a UK  Eurofighter are flying up and down the East Coast.  

Just now, Mandy Lifeboats said:

A US F4 from Germany and a UK  Eurofighter are flying up and down the East Coast.  

Is Russia testing our response times again?

When and if this is all over ever, I'd be fascinated to know whether the Russian people have been merely brainwashed, or whether they as a people are happy to turn a blind eye to the genocide of the Ukrainian people. My suspicion is that any brainwashing has been built upon pre-existing prejudices and superiority complexes - perhaps the reasonable Russians are there but what percentage of the population? A minority surely.

4 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

A US Stratotanker is now circling off the coast of Middlesbrough refuelling the F16.  

I wonder if this is to provide air cover to fly the queen's body down to London????

1 minute ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

A US Stratotanker is now circling off the coast of Middlesbrough refuelling the F16.  

I wonder if this is to provide air cover to fly the queen's body down to London????

Thats my serious guess

Â