Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

8 hours ago, Awol said:

If this document is genuine, then it’s very important. 

Why's that then? I can't read a word of Russian. 

• Like 1

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Two oil refineries currently ablaze in Russia, supposedly attacked by drones. One in Kstovo and the other in  Oryol. The one in Kstovo must be especially worrying for two reasons, firstly its much further away than Moscow from Ukraine and secondly it handled 5% of Russia's refining capacity.

Russia had already halted the export of refined product so that Russian petrol stations didn't run dry when there's a fake election in a few weeks

2 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

an engine "fell off".

should do wonders for everyone's confidence in flying :D 

Also the Russian Legion fighting on the side of Ukraine (one of the two anyway) have supposedly taken control of a Russian town near the border, they claim liberated of course.

3 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Plane crash -  

Russia state media are saying 15 dead after an engine "fell off".  

The plane crashed into a cemetery.  Very efficient.  

The engine did indeed fall off.  

🤣

Do we know what flavour IL76 crashed? I can't find anything saying it was definitely the surveillance one, but maybe I've missed it. 

14 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Do we know what flavour IL76 crashed? I can't find anything saying it was definitely the surveillance one, but maybe I've missed it. 

Nah if that video is the one that went down it wasn’t an A-50. It’s reckoned that there are only two airworthy A-50s left now and they haven’t flown since the one that was  downed the other week. No flying saucer on the top so not one of those, looked like a regular transport IL-76 tbh

• Thanks 1

It's surely about time Biden just sold a shed load of old artillery shells to the UK for a couple of hundred quid isn't it? I recall he can do that can't he? 

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's surely about time Biden just sold a shed load of old artillery shells to the UK for a couple of hundred quid isn't it? I recall he can do that can't he? 

ITAR would still be an issue

On 10/03/2024 at 18:33, magnkarl said:

Rumors of a second bridgehead forming on the Dnipro, this time further north using the now barren landscape of the reservoir to cross the river.

It's only a week since the Russian MOD said they'd kicked all Ukrainians out of the East bank.

Did the troops that crossed the first time all get killed?

Â