Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Makes you wonder why they bother with the drones. They never hit anything, cause any damage or kill anyone (yes I know, both sides are lying).

1.  It forces Russia to deploy troops and air defences in Moscow which keeps them away from the front line

2. It’s showing the Russia people just how badly their special military operation has gone. 

• Like 1

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

On the Russian side, it’s clear that months of people predicting they were short of missiles and drones was simply wishful thinking. Reports this morning that they are likely making their own drones now, not relying on a supply chain from Iran.

In which case, the regular drone attacks have an immediate but crude psychological impact (of dubious and debatable benefit to Russia), but they also test just how many anti drone arms we are able to get to Ukraine.

If they can send in 20 or 30 drones every night, 17, 18, 19 nights in May, can the west supply 20, 30, 40 intercepts every night? It’s a low cost test and the day Ukraine runs short on counter measures will look like a massive and dramatic ‘win’ for Russia.

It’s why we need to make sure we are genuinely giving kit to Ukraine, not just talking about it and milking the photo ops.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Read somewhere on Twitter that Russia were preparing full scale mobilisation. 

And arming them with what? Sticks and flintlock pistols? 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

And arming them with what? Sticks and flintlock pistols? 

No. Only one of the pair will have a stick and a flintock pistol. The other would arm themselves when his partner dies (with a stick and a flintlock pistol)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Read somewhere on Twitter that Russia were preparing full scale mobilisation. 

Were the drone attacks a false flag for this to take place? 

I don't think they need another justification for mobilisation.  There's been plenty. 

The Crimea Bridge being destroyed,  the drone attack on the Kremlin, the UK supplying cruise missiles and the Dutch agreeing to provide F16 being obvious examples. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I don't think they need another justification for mobilisation.  There's been plenty. 

The Crimea Bridge being destroyed,  the drone attack on the Kremlin, the UK supplying cruise missiles and the Dutch agreeing to provide F16 being obvious examples. 

Plus the Belgorod Incursion only last week

3 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Justification for who though? The Kremlin? Sure.

Some guy in St Petersburg who’s tired of Putin and the way he’s enriching himself on Russia’s wealth? Not so sure.

The justification for Putin was there from day one. It’s still not there for the majority of Russian society.

Edited by magnkarl

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Justification for who though? The Kremlin? Sure.

Some guy in St Petersburg who’s tired of Putin and the way he’s enriching himself on Russia’s wealth? Not so sure.

The justification for Putin was there from day one. It’s still not there for the majority of Russian society.

I see your point.  

But these drone attacks did almost no damage in the big scheme of things.  I simply don't believe it was a false flag operation to solidify the ruSSian people for Mobilisation.

• Like 1

Telegram is full of accounts laughing at the fact that Ukrainian drones hit the elite districts of Russia yesterday, damaging the houses of the oligarchs and Putinists. Solovyev is saying that it's treason to laugh at Russians being bombed. Turns out most Russians don't relate to the people who stole the wealth of their country, and now FSB has to push many people out of windows.

57 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Telegram is full of accounts laughing at the fact that Ukrainian drones hit the elite districts of Russia yesterday, damaging the houses of the oligarchs and Putinists. Solovyev is saying that it's treason to laugh at Russians being bombed. Turns out most Russians don't relate to the people who stole the wealth of their country, and now FSB has to push many people out of windows.

I feel that windows are getting a bad name. First Microsoft and now the FSB.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, limpid said:

I feel that windows are getting a bad name. First Microsoft and now the FSB.

FSB has been obsolete for a while, to be fair. Seems par for the course with those crazy Ruzzians.

The important bit in this is Volnovakha the larger town 15km to the south of where this happened as that is a crucial supply line between DOnetsk and  the Zaporizhia district for the Russians

Storm Shadow missiles doing some major work apparently.

Hundreds of russian soldiers dying in their barracks well behind the front lines in Mariupol and Berdyansk.

No wonder they need another mobilisation.

Edited by AshVilla

Â