• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Guessing it’s the 4 puppets installed as ‘leaders’ of the 4 ‘annexed’ regions.

They all had a very awkward and weird 5 way handshake (with The Impaler).

The Kherson one need a new deputy as of today :D 

Oleksiy Katerynychev, the “deputy head” of the occupation administration, was neutralized in Kherson

In Kherson, the first deputy head of the “military-civilian administration” for security Oleksiy Katerynychev was killed.

MP of the Kherson Regional Council Serhiy Khlan reported this.

“The invaders have been shocked since the morning – they report that Zhuravko was also joined by Saldo’s first deputy in charge of security – Oleksiy Katerynichev,” he wrote on Facebook.

Local media report that Katerynychev died as a result of an attack by the Armed Forces of Ukraine on the location of the invaders.

They note that Oleksiy Katerynychev arrived in the Kherson region in August, 2022. He took care of security in the occupation administration.

Propaganda media emphasize that before taking this “position”, Katerynychev was the first deputy of the “Federal state treasury institution ”Center for Special Risk Rescue Operations ”Leader””, and also served for many years in the border troops of the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation.

Mil.In.Ua

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Interesting snippet of news that may go unnoticed

Ukrainian intelligence is already in Donetsk: the colonel of the Armed Forces says that "the Russians are in shock"

"Our tank companies are now entering Donetsk in combat reconnaissance mode, but we are retreating because there are political moments," said Roman Svitan.

Ukrainian intelligence successfully enters Donetsk. Russians and local separatists are shocked by Ukrainians' insolence.

This was told by the reserve colonel of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, military pilot-instructor Roman Svitan.

"Donetsk is not good for the Russians from the point of view of military strategy. All these 8 years the Armed Forces kept the city semi-encircled, all these 8 years Ukraine was at a distance of literally 3 km from the borders of Donetsk. Our scouts go to the city and quite successfully, while the Russians and "shocked by such audacity of Ukraine. Our tank companies are now entering Donetsk in combat reconnaissance mode, but we are retreating because there are political moments," Svitan said.

Then the officer added that it is not necessary to have a big shock military fist to enter Donetsk, because the occupiers did not build fortifications there, because they believed that they would be covered by the Minsk agreements.

"They did not build concrete fortifications. That is, with the help of tactical level actions, with aviation, artillery and armored units, you can enter Donetsk, and from three sides at once," the expert noted.

Unian.ua (you'll need Google translate on, its in Ukrainian)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pas5898 said:

He wouldn't attack a London, Paris etc as that would end Russia in a matter of weeks. He could attack Ukraine to see what response they get: which would be catastrophic but not completely debilitating.

If he attacked a big NATO capital city, then Russia would be completely steam rolled by the entire NATO / EU military within a matter of weeks. 

You're judging him as being logical, which is a dangerous game when everything he's doing appears to be the act of someone who lost all comprehension of reality. As for Russia being wiped off the map, he doesn't appear to care about Russian lives any more than Ukrainians. 

Putin saying those areas are " Russia forever"  ...  whilst some of those very regions are currently surrounded by Ukrainian troops  

only two outcomes now Putin escalates the war  ..or someone makes him a  cup of limited edition Twinings  polonium-210 tea 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

WWIII incoming... 

It really isn't

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

only two outcomes now Putin escalates the war  ..or someone makes him a  cup of limited edition Twinings  polonium-210 tea 

There are many more outcomes and the most likely is just chucking more meat in the grinder for some good time to come.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tinker said:

You're judging him as being logical, which is a dangerous game when everything he's doing appears to be the act of someone who lost all comprehension of reality. As for Russia being wiped off the map, he doesn't appear to care about Russian lives any more than Ukrainians. 

He is being logical as far as the overwhelming majority of Russians are concerned. The problem with the West is we just don't get the East and they don't get us. Not in Autocracies at least. Any idea that he's a mad man that will see the end of the world come to pass is bollox. Everything he is doing is because he is being allowed to do it and not because he's gone rogue on his own people. He'll keep safe those he needs and dispense with those he doesn't. There is nothing illogical about that in times of conflict.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I don't why western media outlets are even dignifying Putin's announcements today. It is the last desperate roll of the dice of a busted flush.

The media has to pretend the people and events they're covering are not a joke. Otherwise, they'd have to accept they're pundits talking drivel about clowns.

I think it’s definitely been cranked up a notch today.

Putin probably thought he was being clever in ‘formally annexing’ the four regions only for Ukraine to respond by accelerating the process for joining NATO, this moves the needle point closer to direct conflict between NATO and Russia.

It’s becoming a battle of wills, fingers crossed Putin blinks first.

23 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Ukraine can't join NATO currently. It's charter specifically states that new members can't be involved in any ongoing conflicts.

They can ask all they want but while this is going on they won't be joining. And given its unlikely this will be satisfactorily resolved any time soon it's unlikely they'll be joining in the near future. It'll remain that they're an ally, a close one and one NATO is chucking support at, but they won't be officially in the club.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter if Ukraine joins NATO or not right now. They're currently grinding Putin's only hard power tool besides a button he can't push to dust. Lyman is encircled with a few thousand of the last remaining professional soldiers in Russia's army currently either encircled there or in Kherson. Adding a quarter of the territory of the oblasts Putin thinks are his is just fanciful. He'll throw more unarmed old men at the grinder until the population have had enough.

There's only really two fronts where Russia has modern-ish equipment left, Donbas and Kherson. Donbas frontlines haven't moved in months and Kherson has no way of getting them out and serviced. Ukraine gets more and more modern equipment and proper training every day. This is only going one way.

There's currently two guard's armies and a spetznas QRF btg in Lyman getting ground up by artillery from all sides. I presume Ukraine will want them to run and take them out on the few roads out so they don't have to throw men at the place and lose people unnecessarily. 

Edited by magnkarl

20 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Ukraine can't join NATO currently. It's charter specifically states that new members can't be involved in any ongoing conflicts.

They can ask all they want but while this is going on they won't be joining. And given its unlikely this will be satisfactorily resolved any time soon it's unlikely they'll be joining in the near future. It'll remain that they're an ally, a close one and one NATO is chucking support at, but they won't be officially in the club.

But does that apply to a country at war with the very reason that NATO exists? Has this kind of situation come up previously? 

17 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Lyman is encircled with a few thousand of the last remaining professional soldiers in Russia's army currently either encircled there or in Kherson.

This isn't true I don't think. Lyman is currently mainly occupied by LPR troops not Russian from everything I've read. There are also plenty of other places that still have fully trained soldiers on the frontline

How can 1 person, 1 stupid, crazy, babbling idiot, be allowed to do what he's doing and get away with it? 

I'm at the point where I think we should just steam roll Russia into oblivion. If he somehow gets away with this, what's next? Go reclaim Estonia or somewhere? 

He's overseen a military commiting countless war crimes, keeps threatening the world with nukes and you see by the stupid smug look on his pin head face, he thinks he's the kiddy. 

He needs stopping now, countless innocent people are dying because he has an ego that needs massaging. Hopefully some bat-shit crazy Russian turns rogue with a nice big gun and does him in. 

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

This isn't true I don't think. Lyman is currently mainly occupied by LPR troops not Russian from everything I've read. There are also plenty of other places that still have fully trained soldiers on the frontline

As far as I gather the few QRF Spetznas that were in Balakliya withdrew to Lyman with heavy losses and were told 'no step back', together with one of the few guards motorized brigades that were still operational except for the few that have been reallocated to Kherson.

I realise my post may have been pretty hyperbole but it isn't an understatement that the combat effectiveness of most of Russia's deployed BTG's is extremely low. Lyman is the last properly fortified town in the North East. Then there's Svatove which seems to be the next stop gap full of conscripts..

Edited by magnkarl

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Your right Bicks. The forces holding Lyman are LPR 208th Motorised Regiment. Another called the Kuban. All smokers apparently or soon to be.

• Like 1

Â