Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

Just now, magnkarl said:

Agreed. It was a wonder weapon in its day. Great against Russian planes of that time, of which the Russia still use a lot.

Exactly. Plus I suspect NATO has near perfect situational awareness of everything Russia has in the air at all times. I would hope that picture is being shared securely with the Ukrainian AD network. If so, before the S300 radar is even switched on it’ll already know where the threat is, making it survivable for longer against Russian anti-radiation missiles.*

*I’ve no evidence this level of cooperation with NATO is occurring, but the Ukrainians uncanny ability to find and kill General officers makes me think it’s likely. 

• Like 1

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

The pictures of Russian tanks having a bloody barbeque grill welded onto the top to stop the anti armour capability of the javelin cracks me up. Doubt it’d even work against a RPG.

image.thumb.jpeg.0fa05d6a202e4120b54cd2f7d90e3cff.jpeg

Edited by magnkarl

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

Exactly. Plus I suspect NATO has near perfect situational awareness of everything Russia has in the air at all times. I would hope that picture is being shared securely with the Ukrainian AD network. If so, before the S300 radar is even switched on it’ll already know where the threat is, making it survivable for longer against Russian anti-radiation missiles.*

*I’ve no evidence this level of cooperation with NATO is occurring, but the Ukrainians uncanny ability to find and kill General officers makes me think it’s likely. 

I think it’s almost beyond a guess. They are way too good at hitting with artillery, drones and ambushes with only their limited UAV surveillance.

• Like 2

Biden has committed to $1b of weapons to Ukraine.

The package consists of $800m in newly approved security assistance and $200 million committed last weekend.

The new military aid includes 800 Stinger missiles to help Ukrainian ground forces deal with low-flying helicopters and airplanes, and 2,000 Javelins with which to engage enemy tanks. The Ukrainian government has asked for both.

For the first time, the US will also send Ukraine 100 "cutting edge" tactical drones to use as guided missiles against enemy tanks or artillery positions.

Other weapons listed in the package are rifles, pistols, machine guns, shotguns and grenade launchers.

The administration is also sending body armour, helmets and more than 20 million rounds of ammunition to Kyiv.

The White House says its current levels of military aid to Ukraine are "more than we had ever provided before".

BBC

I’d be extra nervous if I were a Russian soldier (who had access to the www)

Edited by Genie
Biden, not Boden

5 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I think it’s almost beyond a guess. They are way too good at hitting with artillery, drones and ambushes with only their limited UAV surveillance.

I hadn’t seen this before posting the above: 

Ukraine has the greatest constellation of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance capabilities ever created acting as its eyes and ears on the battlefield. This is what America brings to the table that no-one else can match, enabling Ukrainian commanders to wield their limited forces like a scalpel. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

The pictures of Russian tanks having a bloody barbeque grill welded onto the top to stop the anti armour capability of the javelin cracks me up. Doubt it’d even work against a RPG.

Think I would be painting over those z's before I did anything else. 

32 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

That's a hammock.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Given there is a war going on I think it sensible to start interning folks like Galloway 

I mean, we could go full authoritarian state and ban grifters and the mentally ill.

But surely you’d start with the low hanging fruit? The traitors like Farage.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Explosions heard in Belarus overnight 🤔 

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if Russia attacked Belarus and blamed it on Ukraine to try to get Lukashenko’s army into the war.

The issue for Lukashenko is that I think Lukashenko’s army is much more likely to start a coup against their comb over overlord than the Russians.

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I mean, we could go full authoritarian state and ban grifters and the mentally ill.

But surely you’d start with the low hanging fruit? The traitors like Farage.

I’d definitely intern him too. Interning’s fun. 

55 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if Russia attacked Belarus and blamed it on Ukraine to try to get Lukashenko’s army into the war.

The issue for Lukashenko is that I think Lukashenko’s army is much more likely to start a coup against their comb over overlord than the Russians.

Let’s hope! 

Â