Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

This is both tricky and a big game. If we lose, I think the gap becomes such that we're a real long shot, but we're definitely capable of losing, we're weakened and Wolves are decent. If we win today, Bruce will have earned his corn.

5 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Wolves are better than they were when we played that at Villa Park, and they were the better team in that game. Also, Lambert's going to get them fired up

Nah, the players won't understand what the mumbling oaf is saying

I quite like the mumbling oaf, he did well to keep us up for four seasons, even if he did have to sacrifice style, enjoyment and any sense of fun. He's a capable manager who I'm hoping will once again find his Villa experience to be one that starts with hope and ends in misery.

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I quite like the mumbling oaf, he did well to keep us up for four seasons, even if he did have to sacrifice style, enjoyment and any sense of fun. He's a capable manager who I'm hoping will once again find his Villa experience to be one that starts with hope and ends in misery.

I thought he was a tactical idiot with a brand of football that was an abomination.

• Like 1

We could get up to 11th with a win, or 10th if we win by more than two goals... just saying.

Then we'd be 10 points off 3rd with 20 games left to play (60pts available). It's not over til it's over really.

A win would be very nice though. 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bruce says 4-4-2

So Bacuna up the left hand side again.

4-4-2, with this selection?

Oh dear, 0 points from this one then and an utterly woeful performance coming up. You can't play a 4-4-2 without two decent wingers IMO. We will end up hitting it long to two forwards who are shit in the air and holding the ball up

This will not go well

28 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Hopefully Westwood will accidentally sit on the wrong bench and not realise until our bus has left. 

That'll work, right? 

Edit: Someone made a leaving Westy behind joke already! What are the odds? 

About 50/50.