Pre-Match Thread

HanoiVillan

Rest everybody that matters. You can almost guarantee that someone is getting a red for next to nothing in this one and I'd rather we had them available for the upcoming league fixtures.

If by some miracle Spurs aren't doing the business Dean will get it done. I'll take a bare injustice over a thrashing as it will have less impact on our form.

Millwall do Bournmouth, wolves stuff Stoke! I actually think we'll still get our dicks kicked right in!

Spuds is always a good away day though, due to their fans being just the worst home support I've ever heard, going with a gooner in the home end so should be fun!

How are people proposing on getting back home tomorrow? I've never been to WHL and my knowledge of the underground is minimal, but obviously the strikes mean that the Victoria line is out of action from the full time whistle. I need to get back to Euston, any ideas?

10 hours ago, joepane said:

How are people proposing on getting back home tomorrow? I've never been to WHL and my knowledge of the underground is minimal, but obviously the strikes mean that the Victoria line is out of action from the full time whistle. I need to get back to Euston, any ideas?

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/01/06/tottenham-v-villa-travel-info

There you go. My good deed of the day.

Information from Tottenham re: FA Cup clash on Sunday…

All supporters intending to travel to this match via public transport should note that due to industrial action being taken by members of the RMT and TSSA unions, London Underground have advised us that they will not be able to run a Victoria Line service after 6pm. 

This industrial action is likely to affect the whole of the underground network and London Underground are not expecting to run any services within the central zones and only a skeleton service outside of these areas. 

In addition, due to planned Network Rail engineering works taking place in the Cheshunt area, there will be no Abellio Greater Anglia services running through Northumberland Park or Tottenham Hale. 

Abellio Greater Anglia and Arriva Rail London did request for these works to be suspended once the FA Cup draw was confirmed but this was declined by Network Rail.  

The club has been in discussions with all transport providers to seek as many options for fans as possible. London Overground will be running an enhanced service of six trains per hour to White Hart Lane station on the London Liverpool Street to Enfield Town route only. 

Supporters wishing to travel to Cheshunt and stations beyond are advised to utilise local bus services from Edmonton Green and then rail replacement bus services from Waltham Cross. 

Supporters are advised that due to these disruptions, extended queuing times are likely at White Hart Lane station after the game and would appreciate your patience at this time. 

Additional staff and British Transport Police will be present at the station to assist with managing these queues.

Please also consider using local bus routes (149, 259, 349 & W3 all run adjacent to the stadium at 5-7 minute intervals) to reach your final destination. 

Due to road closures in place for approximately 30 minutes post-match to assist pedestrian flow, the bus routes divert immediately post-match, with the nearest bus stops at the junction of the High Road & White Hart Lane and also at the junction of the High Road and Bruce Grove. 

We would advise all supporters to check TRAVEL UPDATES via the Transport for London route planner.

• Like 1

If escaping Tottenham looks mental, maybe stomp west towards Wood Green?

You'll cross the routes of buses that head into town that don't go through Tottenham.

If you're really unlucky and it's gridlock everywhere when you get to Wood Green, it's a short walk to Alexandra Palace Rail.

You'll have been walking 45 minutes then, but at least you'll have been moving.

Excuse my optimism but I'm hoping S.B. puts out our best team and that we show what we are capable of. I get the feeling the pressure to win win win is hampering the team - today we "don't have a chance" so they might as well go out and play without fear. Tish will be revelling at the chance and maybe Westwood ups his game. I'm going for a big scoring match with Villa losing by the odd goal :-P