Pre-Match Thread

HanoiVillan

I think the worst possible result would be a draw. A replay could disrupt our focus on the league and our window shopping.

• Like 1

Just noticed it was 8 hours since the last post in this thread. Away to Spurs on FA Cup 3rd round weekend and nobody is even talking about it. Says it all. I couldn't care less either but I thought I'd give the thread a little love and say hello to it.

It's because it's predecided. There's no point taking any notice. One point we may have had a chance but we're still brittle, we have no midfield and we don't want a cup run derailing our push for promotion. Standard loss.

As far as I'm concerned Villa aren't playing this weekend. I'll probably check the score Sunday evening and be delighted with anything better than a 3-0 loss. Hate to be so negative but that's how I'm feeling. I'm amazed with the amount of away tickets sold. Proof our away support is genuinely sadistic/unreal dependent on how you look at it 

10 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Going to this one with @sexbelowsound and we have a 100% record together. 

Nailed on 85-0 then. 

Glad you guys are going, UTV!

Although, I can't help noticing you don't mention which way your 100% record is, although 85-0 prediction for this away game gives me a clue. :)

10 hours ago, dnmacf said:

As far as I'm concerned Villa aren't playing this weekend. I'll probably check the score Sunday evening and be delighted with anything better than a 3-0 loss. Hate to be so negative but that's how I'm feeling. I'm amazed with the amount of away tickets sold. Proof our away support is genuinely sadistic/unreal dependent on how you look at it 

How many are we taking down.

58 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Glad you guys are going, UTV!

Although, I can't help noticing you don't mention which way your 100% record is, although 85-0 prediction for this away game gives me a clue. :)

This one doesn't count. We will take the intact 100% record to Brentford instead.

You need teams that are united, organic and full of passion for the badge to score a cupset like this. We are not at that point yet.

I think 4-1 to Spurs and Gabby - yes, Gabby - will score for us.

They beat Chelsea fairly convincingly last week so I don't hold out much hope. Still get to watch Villa on tv though so I always look forward to that (even with previous form!). 

I just need to keep telling myself that watching football is supposed to be fun, and not something to dread. 

85 - nil to the Villa. Could we somehow get a chant started that includes 85-nil!? That would be sweet.