Neil Warnock

Dirk

In the press conference after the game, Neil Warnock made some comments that just ticked me off, here are a few of the things he said: (credits to http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villas-jack-grealish-needs-12235798)

. “I think Grealish does well for the penalty. I’m a bit disappointed with Grealish today, trying to get players booked. He doesn’t need to do that, he’s a good player. He was saying ‘three, four times, how many more?’ and all that and screaming."

. “Second half, if you heard their bench and some of the things they were shouting on, I think they were quite concerned."

.“We didn’t quite get on the end of some crosses, but that’s what it is. When you’re top of the league you will get that luck in front of goal.” 

Is he mad?! Firstly, as soon as you're top of the league, it doesn't automatically mean you get luck in front of goal, the reason they're top of the league is that they've constantly kept up consistent performances.

Secondly, he sounds really salty when he says 'Grealish did well with the penalty' when if you watch the footage back it was a blatant penalty. He is basically stating by saying that Grealish was shouting at the ref that his decision was influenced by Grealish, which is complete bull.

What do you think about this? Am I completely mistaken and taking what he said in the wrong way or is he just a bit salty?

I said to my daughter as we left the game that Warnock will be whining about Grealish as it is what he does.

I don't mind him though. He is a real character and football needs them even if it is simply to get us discussing the bollocks they spout. He is also a decent manager who has over achieved a number of times and plays the victim and underdog card to get the best out of his players.

Edited by markavfc40

1 hour ago, Dirk said:

He was saying ‘three, four times, how many more?’ and all that

Another 7 times on top of the four is the answer to Jack's question. Fouled 11 times in the game - more than any other player in any game in the league this season.

So perhaps Colin should have stopped his team from clogging and then he'd have had nothing to moan about. Nobber.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, blandy said:

Another 7 times on top of the four is the answer to Jack's question. Fouled 11 times in the game - more than any other player in any game in the league this season.

So perhaps Colin should have stopped his team from clogging and then he'd have had nothing to moan about. Nobber.

Jack was certainly getting some rough stick on Saturday...it reminded me of a game in August 2014 when for the last 10 minutes Hull players seemed to take it in terms to try to kick him off the pitch....anyone have any idea who their manager was that day....:D

Sour grapes from Warnock but I do quite like him...as I said on the football biographies his book is a great read and a million times more interesting than the banal offerings by most football people.

• 2 years later...
10 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I am really not looking forward to getting old and having my face look like a pair of testicles.

Pics or you already have

Â