Pre match thread

Sam3773

3 minutes ago, KSV said:

so 442 with our 30 million dollar strike force.. playing... well upfront? Adomah and Grealish on wings? Could work. Not sure if we have enough legs in midfield but we are at home against a bottom side.. so why not. 

I think we will see RMC playing quite deep, certainly when Blackburn have the ball. 

Just now, KSV said:

so 442 with our 30 million dollar strike force.. playing... well upfront? Adomah and Grealish on wings? Could work. Not sure if we have enough legs in midfield but we are at home against a bottom side.. so why not. 

Personally I don't like it :unsure:

Not necessarily a 2 man midfield. I see it as Grealish and Adomah on the wings, McCormack behind Kodjia so he can get back and form a 3 man midfield when off the ball, but provide attacking support when on the ball.

• Like 2

Middle of the park is still the area that worries me most but its no slight on Bruce, he has to play what he has. It is more of a midfield that nullifies the opposition rather than creates and gets on the ball. Again though not criticising Bruce, I don't think this is his style of play as shown with huddlestone and livermore who were good on the ball. Needs s window or two to put his mark on it.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Exactly. If we need a 3 man midfield to deal with the likes of Blackburn then we are truly in trouble, let's go attacking. We need wins. 

Agree mate, if bruce went defensive against a poor Blackburn side at home he would be getting pelters.

As i said above. Bruce knows when be pragmatic and when to go for it. Its so bloody refreshing to have a manager that can tailor his gameplan to the task at hand. 

3 minutes ago, hoaxn said:

Not necessarily a 2 man midfield. I see it as Grealish and Adomah on the wings, McCormack behind Kodjia so he can get back and form a 3 man midfield when off the ball, but provide attacking support when on the ball.

Thats exactly how i see it. RMC will play in the position that Wayne Rooney wants to play for England. he will be very deep making a 3 when we lose possession 

Blackburn being second bottom doesn't mean they're significantly worse than the rest or even us, this league is crazy like that. Hell, we were down there barely 2 weeks ago. Really hoping that pairing of Jedinak and Gardner won't be our undoing a la Preston who were also supposed to be poor.

Just now, Keyblade said:

Really hoping that pairing of Jedinak and Gardner won't be our undoing a la Preston who were also supposed to be poor.

We do have an actual football manager this time though, that's an important difference. He's probably even given them some tactics and told them what he wants them to do.

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Players in correct positions and attacking intent against a poor team at home. 

What's wrong with that?

Everytime we have switched to a 2 in the middle it hasn't gone well, we will have to see how it goes. Jedinak has been atrocious in a two man midfield every time so far. Time will tell, always find it odd when managers change the way they go about games, especially as we haven't lost yet. I think there were better XI's to go with today

• Like 1

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I don't think anyone has mentioned Agbonlahor on the bench... to be fair it's not a surprise as SB pretty much said that's what he'd do. If he comes on and gives us something different then so be it. 

Would have preferred RHM there. Give the kid a chance. 

Just now, Phumfeinz said:

We do have an actual football manager this time though, that's an important difference. He's probably even given them some tactics and told them what he wants them to do.

Yeah, still getting used to that. It's always easier as a Villa fan to default to cautiousness :D