The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

What's gone is gone. 

Bring on Leeds!

Indeed, and had we kept some of those points we may have stuck with the lesser manager too. 

We're a couple of wins away ( as I assume there's a chance other teams will also have the temerity to win matches in the next couple of weeks but I now expect us to be ensconced in the top 6 by Christmas, and there we can see how far behind we are the top 2. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

This is a funny old league. There is no consistency. 

There is, take a look at the form table.

What there isn't is a gulf in class between sides in the division and due to the number of games all sides will have a bad spell.

The hope is we'be had ours, Norwich are in one let's hope a few more above and around us have theirs soon.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

This is a funny old league. There is no consistency. 

Indeed - - A few weeks ago a frIend of mine was adamant there was no chance villa would catch Norwich - now we are 2 points  behind them with 28 games left .

some may say we can't catch Brighton but who knows when a bad spell will hit a team and it's all to play for .

• Like 2

With regards to AFCON if ours boys teams get knocked out in the group stage how many games will they miss?  Likewise if they go all the way? I don't think it's the end of the world like some are predicting.

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

With regards to AFCON if ours boys teams get knocked out in the group stage how many games will they miss?  Likewise if they go all the way? I don't think it's the end of the world like some are predicting.

I think they will miss 3 league games at worse as there are 2 fa cup weekends in the schedule .

Edited by Eastie

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

Indeed - - A few weeks ago a frIend of mine was adamant there was no chance villa would catch Norwich - now we are 2 points  behind them with 28 games left .

some may say we can't catch Brighton but who knows when a bad spell will hit a team and it's all to play for .

Really cant believe whats happened to Norwich. To lose so many games in a row with a superior team is shocking!

5 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

There is, take a look at the form table.

What there isn't is a gulf in class between sides in the division and due to the number of games all sides will have a bad spell.

The hope is we'be had ours, Norwich are in one let's hope a few more above and around us have theirs soon.

I think what you are describing is inconsistency.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Would rather just go out the fa cup, needless being in it. League all the way

We might as well win the FA Cup 3rd round to mean a league game will be rearranged after January when we are back to full strength ;-)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Leeds is a toughie but if we can avoid defeat would be fantastic but unless we hit a poor run of form see no reason why play offs are out of reach

Screw avoiding defeat:

df4ab755bdba03ca0782fcffbc243be3458cd37d6f4b746e87e2219faa0dcbd2.jpg

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Mammoth10 said:

We might as well win the FA Cup 3rd round to mean a league game will be rearranged after January when we are back to full strength ;-)

I'd be more than happy to sacrifice the cup this season as promotion should be the main aim - we can utilise the loan market in January if necessary for cover up front .

1 hour ago, DK82 said:

My Norwich friend said they had the same issue last time they were in the league. If I remember correctly he said they had a bad run that October.

I have an Ipswich friend - I think that distant and isolated side of England should just pack it all in and support a proper team, like Villa.