The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

So the Play Off Final date is Monday 29th May! 

Need to confirm the Semi dates as going to see Micky Flanagan on either Friday 19th or Saturday 20th and wouldn't want a potential date clash if played over said dates. ;) 

4 hours ago, Kingman said:

So the Play Off Final date is Monday 29th May! 

Need to confirm the Semi dates as going to see Micky Flanagan on either Friday 19th or Saturday 20th and wouldn't want a potential date clash if played over said dates. ;) 

I am sure I read The Cup Final was the 27th of May. Thought all play off finals where over the same weekend?  Did they not put the championship one onto a Saturday to maximise TV revenue too?

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Although if you look at the table, the teams beneath us with new managers have won, so it's still close than you think. We need wins.

Absolutely but when he first arrived I honestly would have taken ending up where we are now and deemed it a success given the circumstances. We've managed to open up a 6 point cushion without playing anyone around us with the exception of Blackburn. To do that after walking into our basket case of a club, in a run including playing two of the current top three and two local derbies no less, is mighty impressive I think. With Cardiff and Wigan our next two home games we have an excellent opportunity to continue climbing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm not sure if your being sarcastic or not, but  why is it? I don't think we will but it's not the worst post on VT.

Nothing wrong with being a bit optimistic 

Not sure if it was supposed to read that way but the original post suggests we'd be top 3 now if we hadn't ditched RDM for Bruce? I'd say that is slightly more than a bit optimistic as well as the small matter of being mathematically impossible. Unless I've read it wrong of course, it is Sunday morning after all.

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

I am sure I read The Cup Final was the 27th of May. Thought all play off finals where over the same weekend?  Did they not put the championship one onto a Saturday to maximise TV revenue too?

League 1 play off final is 20th May this year. League2 28th and championship 29th.

Not sure what they do if a championship or league2 side makes the cup final

6 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Worst post I've ever seen on VT.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm not sure if your being sarcastic or not, but  why is it? I don't think we will but it's not the worst post on VT.

Nothing wrong with being a bit optimistic 

2 hours ago, RimmyJimmer said:

This is either a joke or you have mis read the post.

I hope :D

I misread the post guys. lol. Chill out.

I thought it said I wonder where we would be if Bruce was in charge from the beginning for some reason.

Was half asleep.

My bad.

• Like 3

The problem atm is that were not giving ourselves allowance for a defeat. I think points wise were obviously plenty in touch however there are so many teams in between. A lot has to go wrong for us to break into the top 6 and I think anymore points between than currently, then I think we will struggle.

4 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

The problem atm is that were not giving ourselves allowance for a defeat. I think points wise were obviously plenty in touch however there are so many teams in between. A lot has to go wrong for us to break into the top 6 and I think anymore points between than currently, then I think we will struggle.

If this was with 10 or so games to go you'd probably have a point....