January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

8 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I sometimes wonder if he regrets ever leaving us ,it kind of felt like his exit became the catalyst for what followed ,saying that , I'd still welcome him back with open arms .

I always thought one more season with us and he'd have got a move to big club rather than Liverpool

• Like 4

Just now, villa4europe said:

IIRC they were 6th / 7th in the league at the time, nowhere near challenging for the title, they were better than us obviously but they weren't top tier, he's still never played in the champions league, he got his big transfer fee, he got all the bonuses that comes with it and of course he got his big wages, but he didnt join a club that reflected what he was, his scoring record was only bettered by about 3 players, rooney, suarez and aguero, first choice striker for the national team ranked number 1 in the world

he should have gone abroad, chasing premier league cash has done him

Well put villa4europe, i agree with every word, when Benteke left Villa, he could've quite easily had the pick of any club in world football

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

there is an argument to be made that they aren't one of the big boys anymore ...

Never won the prem League , and 26 years since they won the version before Sky invented football  ... since they last won the league Peter Schmeichel joined Man U , wont it 5 times , retired and his son won it with Leicester :) 

they did of course win the Carling cup nearly 5 years ago

but we are sorta moving away from the serious business of discussing when Delph and Benteke are re-joining us :) 

Haha let's leave it there then 

17 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

there is an argument to be made that they aren't one of the big boys anymore ...

Never won the prem League , and 26 years since they won the version before Sky invented football  ... since they last won the league Peter Schmeichel joined Man U , wont it 5 times , retired and his son won it with Leicester :) 

they did of course win the Carling cup nearly 5 years ago

but we are sorta moving away from the serious business of discussing when Delph and Benteke are re-joining us :) 

Give me the CL over the Prem league any day.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Shows how much notice I've been taking of this transfer window - I've only just found out that Gestedt's gone! 

This is pretty much where I'm at tbh, it's my lack of caring anymore. My Dad would kick me straight in the bollocks if he were alive to hear me say it. Sad times.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

IIRC they were 6th / 7th in the league at the time, nowhere near challenging for the title, they were better than us obviously but they weren't top tier, he's still never played in the champions league, he got his big transfer fee, he got all the bonuses that comes with it and of course he got his big wages, but he didnt join a club that reflected what he was, his scoring record was only bettered by about 3 players, rooney, suarez and aguero, first choice striker for the national team ranked number 1 in the world

he should have gone abroad, chasing premier league cash has done him

All of that masks that he's just not a World Class player.  Very good for us, obviously, and we'd all love to see him back here.  But it didn't work for him at Liverpool, he isn't working for him at Palace... is he really that good?

There's a reason he didn't go to a CL club.

• Like 1

Looks like Hourihane going to Sheffield Wednesday. Wtf. We should be on for this lad. All over Twitter. SW fans gloating a double signing with that winnall chap. Probably end up with Huddlestone. :( Come on dr go nick him.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, KSV said:

Looks like Hourihane going to Sheffield Wednesday. Wtf. We should be on for this lad. All over Twitter. SW fans gloating a double signing with that winnall chap. Probably end up with Huddlestone. :( Come on dr go nick him.

Agreed, a move we should look to hijack.