January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Seems like Ayew is definitely going then & Taylor is part of the deal. Bit of a shame but I trust in our new management team to be making the right decisions for the team. I too rate Ayew (when we bought him, it was off the back of a very good season with Lorient where he was settled in a position up front and scored a decent amount of goals, think he was quite sought after too) and I don't think we have seen the best of him due to him playing with lower quality players for so long. I genuinely would've loved to see a Ayew & Kodjia strike partnership, especially with the new midfield we have now too but that's not going to happen. Who knows what's gone on behind the scenes? He could be unsettled, unhappy, not get along with the manager, or Bruce simply doesn't like or rate him all that much. I always found him talented and hardworking and he never seemed to cause much problem, unlike some of the idiots we have.

We absolutely need a striker though, ideally at least 2 now. Even 1 permanent & 1 loan.

Again, if we're not going to be shifting McCormack for a decent fee then we should try and sort his head out and get him into the team somehow or just sell him in the summer. A loan makes no sense at all unless it is to a struggling team maybe or even to a PL team (unlikely) - not keen either way.

So hopefully we have deals lined up and ready to go. I would have no complaints with Rhodes but would generally prefer more skilled or technically gifted players but we do need the kind of forwards that are "hungry for goals". Hernandez would be a great signing but I have no idea how likely that could be. A loan signing would be fine too, even if it is Akpom (who I don't know much about tbh) but, again, better options would be welcome. We just need to strengthen our frontline in terms of first team options, I'm sure we're working hard on that.

-

On a different note, I'm really excited about the Brentford game. I know I shouldn't get carried away (used to being disappointed) but am genuinely looking forward to seeing this new team in action. Am hoping we can blow some teams away now, so long as the new players can bed in quickly and gel. Looking forward to Kodjia getting more chances from MF and the new MFs grabbing goals too!!! I think I'm most looking forward to seeing Hourihane play but also excited by the potential of Lansbury & Bjarnason. Hope we have a proper right back in Bree now too....exciting times for once...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Yep, but I have to admit it's a little odd.

This ones 'top, top secret' so he can't say anything. I'm guessing all the other signing were just 'top secret'.

Abel Hernandez or Scott hogan - I think it's one of those .

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

You're in dream land if you think we have even a remote chance of signing Benteke whilst in the Championship.

im sure the mighty crystal palace said that too..but he went their, palace are sinking..dont think bfs fancies him & would love the cast to "wheel & deal" with .

many a good player has dropped out the promised land, the modern day footballer is what your dealing with here.. pay them & they will come..

If big tone wants av to be a super power..are you going to get a player who carnt get in boro side

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Ashley Young would be excellent for us imo. 

Him and Gabby in the same team again :lol: 

73400_o.gif

I really despise Young...

No way him (or Benteke!!) would even consider coming here. Sometimes we just need to move on from the past...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cbr600rr said:

im sure the mighty crystal palace said that too..but he went their, palace are sinking..dont think bfs fancies him & would love the cast to "wheel & deal" with .

many a good player has dropped out the promised land, the modern day footballer is what your dealing with here.. pay them & they will come..

You mean Premier League Crystal Palace?

Edited by One For The Road

8 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Been linked to both Hogan and Hernandez so unlikely if Bruce is taken at his word.

Benteke on loan?

Linked to Hernandez in the summer - haven't seen us linked this month .

hull seem to be sellIng the jewels - snodgrass gone , Robertson going - Hernandez next ?

Just now, Eastie said:

Linked to Hernandez in the summer - haven't seen us linked this month .

hull seem to be sellIng the jewels - snodgrass gone , Robertson going - Hernandez next ?

End of November we were being linked with Hernandez, Brucey denied everything :-)

You're right about Hull though, they appear to be planning for next season already!

Gregg Evans at The Mail has said he thinks the mystery signing might be Taylor from Swansea and Bruce just doesn't know we've been linked with him. I hope that doesn't turn out to be true as whilst I think Taylor will be a decent signing, if he's the 'mystery man' after all of this then they've just pissed all over my chips

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Dont think Hull would deal with SB so probably not Hernandez.Hogans move to WHU

seems to have gone quiet though!

People say hull won't deal with bruCe although the Stephen clemence move went through amicably enough .

if the price is right I can't see Hull saying no just because it's Steve Bruce - more likely they'd add a bit extra on though to the asking fee.

Edited by Eastie

1 minute ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Gregg Evans at The Mail has said he thinks the mystery signing might be Taylor from Swansea and Bruce just doesn't know we've been linked with him. I hope that doesn't turn out to be true as whilst I think Taylor will be a decent signing, if he's the 'mystery man' after all of this then they've just pissed all over my chips

The mystery player has already been confirmed as a forward

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I'd be surprised if Bruce thought it was a secret - Taylor has been widely reported - villa transfers suggesting this is a big name signing - can't see that beiNg Taylor - he is probably one of the other 2 with bedeau