January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Reading between the lines, Rhodes has had his head turned by our interest and wants to come. The deal will happen as he is surplus to requirements at Boro, he wants out and we're his best option.

Are we? I thought Wednesday wanted him surely they are the better option.

I'm still hoping this mooted deal isn't actually real, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. For me:

• We don't need two first-choice left backs, our squad is big enough as it is and we're not Man City
  • Neil Taylor is very overrated, based on good football prior to this season but has been diabolical this season
  • Ayew is much more valuable, not just in his quality, but in the options for personnel and formations he gives us

I guess we'll see. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jon_c said:

I think Taylor is a decent leftback but that would be a terrible deal by us. Can see Ayew going all Adama on us, if he moved to Swansea.

What, shit? :)

Boro fans don't rate Adama at all. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Are we? I thought Wednesday wanted him surely they are the better option.

Well, the 'rumours' are he's prepared to wait for us to come back in for him . We are a far better long term option than Sheff Wed IMO

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Well, the 'rumours' are he's prepared to wait for us to come back in for him . We are a far better long term option than Sheff Wed IMO

Hopefully Rhodes isn't a long term option for us.

Taylor is a decent left back but I thought we might look at someone younger, bit like we have with Bree on the right.

Robertson at Hull? Although the Tigers not likely to do business with Bruce. We've also been linked with Amari'i Bell at Fleetwood

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Hopefully Rhodes isn't a long term option for us.

If he fits  into Bruce's system and style of play he will score shedloads for us and I trust Bruce to know how he wants to develop the team .

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, brommy said:

What do you mean by that?

I think he means

Scoring no goals and no assists but Chelsea thinking.

"We can coach him a little then loan him out like the other 37"

• Like 1

I thiNk villa are far more likely to get back In the premier league before Sheffield weds - better players, better wages, better  manager , better ground - all weds have is a better league position but that is quite catchable.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Sheffield Wednesday never have been nor never will be a better option than Aston Villa. That's a bit like saying Nora Batty would be a better shag than Cameron Diaz! :P

Sheffield who ? :P

Edited by Eastie