January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I can't see why he'd want to come here, frankly. 

The lure of the big PL clubs must be huge i agree, but i think for a 19yr old kid playing for Barnsley, Aston Villa still represents a massive step up, both in stature and salary. 

I guess he faced with 2 options. 

I) Join massive club, become rich, play football, join even bigger club in a few years. 

II) Join bigger club to start with, become rich, stop playing football or go on loan to the Dutch first division. 

If he has the right people around him and takes good advice, he will choose the first option. 

15 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Agreed.

I'm not in a position to say Lansbury, Hourihane and Bree would be a fantastic window because frankly I haven't got a scooby doo about them, particularly the last two.

They're not up to much on Football Manager that's all I know.

:lol: Is that you David Moyes?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

So Hourihane's odds to join are now 1/4. I think our Tony has a midfield double, medical and signing lined up for tomorrow. 

What a boost that would be. So limited are options in midfield, i think if either/or both sign in time, they would probably play. 

Yep, Lansbury deal is going to go through by the looks of it. Sky Sports have reported that an agreement has been reached now...

Really hope this is the start of an influx, will be feeling much more optimistic about the rest of the season with a few decent signings in now and maybe we can make a push to get into the playoffs, as difficult as that looks. I think Bruce is trying to build a proper side rather than the mish mash of players he has has inherited...

• Like 1