Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I think he’ll still be here next season. I can’t see the club wanting to pay him the compensation, then take a punt on another manager who may or may not work out. Who would that manager be? Would he be happy to work with a lot of the existing squad? Because I don’t see us bringing in many new faces in the summer.

I also think if Bruce goes, we increase the chance of losing Terry, along with any possibility of having Snodgrass on loan again. As they’ve both been considered plus points this season, I think the club will want to retain them and Bruce gives them a better chance of doing  that.

I’m far from happy with Bruce, I wouldn’t shed too many tears if we did let him go in the summer. But I get the feeling that club will take the view that this season was much better than the last one and basically keep their fingers crossed that we have better luck with injuries and hope beyond hope that we do it next year. They might also take the view that there probably won’t be a Wolves next season and the three teams coming down won’t include a Newcastle.

Again, I find none of that inspiring, just a gut feeling as to what the thought process might be.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Indeed, it’s clearly a Negative approach.....

Certainly wish the manager  would Focus better on his subs .

we have Developed some good young players - give them a chance .

Edited by Eastie

42 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I think he’ll still be here next season. I can’t see the club wanting to pay him the compensation, then take a punt on another manager who may or may not work out. Who would that manager be? Would he be happy to work with a lot of the existing squad? Because I don’t see us bringing in many new faces in the summer.

I also think if Bruce goes, we increase the chance of losing Terry, along with any possibility of having Snodgrass on loan again. As they’ve both been considered plus points this season, I think the club will want to retain them and Bruce gives them a better chance of doing  that.

I’m far from happy with Bruce, I wouldn’t shed too many tears if we did let him go in the summer. But I get the feeling that club will take the view that this season was much better than the last one and basically keep their fingers crossed that we have better luck with injuries and hope beyond hope that we do it next year. They might also take the view that there probably won’t be a Wolves next season and the three teams coming down won’t include a Newcastle.

Again, I find none of that inspiring, just a gut feeling as to what the thought process might be.

I see what you mean, and also don’t think it’s a formality he goes if we stay down. 

But I think our chances of keeping Terry and Snod are hugely diminished by not getting promo anyway, more because of the financial constraints. Unless parent clubs are subsidising heavily, I can’t see how we’ll afford the numerous PL loan wages 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrjc said:

I see what you mean, and also don’t think it’s a formality he goes if we stay down. 

But I think our chances of keeping Terry and Snod are hugely diminished by not getting promo anyway, more because of the financial constraints. Unless parent clubs are subsidising heavily, I can’t see how we’ll afford the numerous PL loan wages 

Yep I would agree. I just suspect that Villa are a more attractive prospect to Terry if Bruce remains. 

But yes, the financial side of things will be a huge factor.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yep I would agree. I just suspect that Villa are a more attractive prospect to Terry if Bruce remains. 

But yes, the financial side of things will be a huge factor.

Would you consider giving it to JT ?

19 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

No.

Or if I suppose if I did consider it, I would mull it over for about half a second before again deciding against it.

I know there was talk that Rdm got the job because rumoured   he was a high profile name - that’s what made me wonder If xia would be inclined to consider JT . 

‘Let’s hope Bruce pulls it off and we get promoted - would be some hell of a day in May if so ;)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TRO said:

Whats going to happen if/ when he goes and the problem still exists......what then AB?

or do we just hope for the best.

Well, with Bruce the problems will still exist.

With someone else we will at least have the chance of something better.

Nothing is ever guaranteed. But you sometimes get to a point where something has to change. We have to hope that management make the right decision if they decide to change.

12 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I’d take jokanovic in drag ;)

I didn't see an avalanche of praise in the earlier parts of the season, but fairdo's he has them playing well......He also has the added benefit or Cairney, sessegnon and Mitrovic arguably better than anything we have right now.

1 hour ago, Dick said:

He just needs a full pre-season and the coaching staff he requires.

I thought Agnew was the new messiah, he was the one given the praise, when we was doing well?

32 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I’d take jokanovic in drag ;)

I wouldn't be opposed, but wouldn't expect too much

3 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I agree with much of that, but I have one point to question.

If the manager is the source of the problem and i am not saying he isn't, just that I am not convinced he is, in a direct sense......Then a change of manager, shouldn't need any money because the implication is the players are good enough.

Edited by TRO

31 minutes ago, TRO said:

I didn't see an avalanche of praise in the earlier parts of the season, but fairdo's he has them playing well......He also has the added benefit or Cairney, sessegnon and Mitrovic arguably better than anything we have right now.

You know I wanted him after rdm and  am a great admirer - he has the ability to get the best out of his players and also play a lovely brand of football - I don’t think we will get him here though unless we are a remover league side .

That ship has sailed if we stay in this league .

Edited by Eastie

Â