Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

Could have been the fact Hutton just didnt overlap in the 2nd half , albert was trying to go it alone all the time

I see the logic. But if you're 0-0 at home with 20mins left and you're attacking plan is a overlapping RB then the guy has lost the plot

37 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

It‘s never to late to switch horses from one who‘ll never get you over the line.

Two defeats in the last 18 games  and 36 points from and there is no way on earth they will even think about sacking him .

He was very lucky to survive after Cardiff and reading but results since then have averaged 2 points per game .

we have seen sheff utd slip of late and I’m sure Cardiff will do so too - however I’ve been saying for several weeks the threat to me is Derby and if we lose there I think we could find it a struggle to get back above them .

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

I hope Bruce doesnt tell our defenders to pass to Johnstone to lump it forward at every opportunity. We seem to be doing it more and more with each passing game. 

Of course he wouldn't be telling them that. Millwall just pressed high up and there was never enough movement which forced players to go back to Johnstone. 

We are a very limited team. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

I can see us being 7/8th after the Bristol game. If we are but still in the hunt for the playoffs will Bruce be sackable? Top 2 was the target and we are falling well short at the minute. I can’t see us getting up through the playoffs playing the way we  are so if we drop out I think Bruce’s position should be looked at very closely.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Of course he wouldn't be telling them that. Millwall just pressed high up and there was never enough movement which forced players to go back to Johnstone. 

Our entire back 4 are experienced PL players and our Midfield contained 2 experienced PL players, and our top goalscorer. 

I'd say it more a case of having a very limited Manager. 

When samba got injured he could've just dropped whelan back to cb and bring Conor on to try and push for the win.

He admits he got it wrong today let's hope he picks us up for next game as can't afford to lose points now.

Edited by mikeyp102

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

Our entire back 4 are experienced PL players and our Midfield contained 2 experienced PL players, and our top goalscorer. 

I'd say it more a case of having a very limited Manager. 

Combination of the both in my opinion. But he is responsible for the players so takes a large part of it.  Injuries to key players aren't helping though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Combination of the both in my opinion. But he is responsible for the players so takes a large part of it.  Injuries to key players aren't helping though.

Injuries never help, but there is enough in the squad to be getting better than the crap we saw today. And that, imo is down to Bruce. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Injuries never help, but there is enough in the squad to be getting better than the crap we saw today. And that, imo is down to Bruce. 

I try to avoid extremes when debating Bruce but I agree there is not much that can be defended about today's performance. If anything. 

One to forget.

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I said it before and was criticised but with budget and players available. He should still be sacked it we only go up via the play-offs

While I get where you are coming from if he gets us up via playoffs. I think the fact he should be sacked will be one of the last things being discussed on this thread. 

Edit: that's is once sobered up enough to type. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

47 minutes ago, Eastie said:

He was very lucky to survive after Cardiff and reading but results since then have averaged 2 points per game .

He hasn't averaged 2 points per game since then.   

He's averaged 1.8 points per game, and because of his poor start we've needed 2.2 points per game to catch it back up.

He's been failing all season so far.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ender4 said:

He hasn't averaged 2 points per game since then.   

He's averaged 1.8 points per game, and because of his poor start we've needed 2.2 points per game to catch it back up.

He's been failing all season so far.

We’ve taken 36 points in the last 18 games since .

if we take another 50 points from the next 25 games I believe it will be enough to finish 2nd .

You do not need 92 points to be promoted .

Edited by Eastie

8 minutes ago, Eastie said:

We’ve taken 36 points in the last 18 games since .

if we take another 50 points from the next 25 games I believe it will be enough to finish 2nd .

You do not need 92 points to be promoted .

You reckon 87 enough for top 2? I'd be surprised if we made that total anyway to be honest. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's been the same at Villa Park for years.

Teams that come and set up as a compact unit with a view to hitting us on the break have always had some level of joy at VP.  Millwall had a lot of pace, and this is the slowest Villa team I can remember, so we found ourselves fortunate to get a point in a game that, on paper, we should have won.

What a good resume.

slow in thought.....slow in movement.....not good enough.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We've been made into a very limited team imho. We should do better with the material at hand.

Edited by vreitti
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Glad someone can see we are limited.....we can't even win aerial ball, unless its aimed defensively at our heads......its a shocking admission, but its true.....offensively in the air we are banckrupt.

44 minutes ago, av1 said:

Not getting up for headers or making use of your positioning is down to the players.....first touch is lacking in some and thats down to them.

Steve Bruce is not blameless.....but i think, when our key players particularly are out, we are not good enough.

We need quality up front.....players who understand the art of positioning and working the defenders.

59 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I said it before and was criticised but with budget and players available. He should still be sacked it we only go up via the play-offs

Rubbish

Â