Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

R.I.P Wednesday, we did warn you and the evidence was there. You asked for a guy who pretty much single handed spent a fortune on a team that struggles to play football together, to the point they rely on a premire league striker for goals.

And you expect good times from a manager who doesn't train players, is like asking God to show up and play a game of football, isnt going to happen.

I actually feel for Wednesday fans - they ain't a bad lot and have suffered enough in recent years - now all they have to look forward to is some pretty turgid football and being told how lucky they are to watch it.

Good luck Wednesday - you deserve more imo 

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Massively underachieved, that squad last year should have been top 2. 

Also what adds to him being one of our worst managers is his desire to drive a wedge between the fans. The amount of petty comments and digs did nothing but allow his ego a boost, as his media pals could leap to his defence. 

I would also say, that while others have been worse, the impact of their failure wasn't horrendous. Giving Bruce the time and money that we did nearly resulted in a complete melt down of the club, luckily new owners arrived at the last minute to rescue us. 

Awful manager. Glad he is back, nice to add another team i can hope lose every week. 

The years and years of beatings made people want a hero.

Many refused to see what was in front of them.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

You asked for a guy who pretty much single handed spent a fortune on a team that struggles to play football together, to the point they rely on a premire league striker for goals.

Where did he do that? 

I think he will do ok like he did for us last season. Everyone’s now complaining how we keep conceding goals well last season we were as solid as the come and 90 minutes from promotion. 

I cant stand the guy for his actions in the transfer market to make a point to critics this summer but there’s no denying he is actually not that bad a manager at this level. 

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

And you expect good times from a manager who doesn't train players, is like asking God to show up and play a game of football, isnt going to happen.

He doesn’t train players yet we had one of the strongest defences in the league and best record of any team for holding on to leads. I wonder how the players managed that without any training. The same players that are now leaking goals like there’s no tomorrow. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He doesn’t train players yet we had one of the strongest defences in the league and best record of any team for holding on to leads. I wonder how the players managed that without any training. The same players that are now leaking goals like there’s no tomorrow. 

Hey! be careful you might upset this site...with your blasphemy.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If you commit every one to defence, you expect to get a good defensive record....If you commit everyone to attack, you expect to get a good scoring record.

If you are lucky enough to be able to do both due to the players being more rounded and complete and a balanced side, its likely you will secure enough points to get promoted.

We have a lot of work to do.

I'm finding it highly amusing looking through a Sheffield Wednesday forum and how pleased/excited they are to have hired Steve Bruce. They really must have been dreadful these past couple years. 

I really can't stand the bloke and look forward to seeing it all go to pot for another side. 

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he does know how to organise a defence which makes it even more baffling as to why he signed two keepers and in his last game chose to play Mark Bunn such was the poor displays of Nyland and Moreira. He also chose to leave us with two recognised centre backs, having let Elphick go out on loan, and one recognised left back that he signed and quickly decided a right back in Alan Hutton was a better option.

I don't have the rabid anti Bruce feeling some do. I think he came in and initially steadied a ship that was still going backwards and still wreaked of a losers mentality from top to bottom. He stopped that backwards trajectory and did okay last season but still fell short of what was possible given the resources he had. It is also worth mentioning I respect him as a man due to the way he conducted himself during a tough time for him and his family. This season though the mess he left us in defensively, including the keeper, and the fact he had a lot of quality to chose from in midfield and forward areas which he totally negated due to to his negative tactics meant he was deservedly shown the door.

I think I'll leave this as my last word on him now. He has moved on and it is time we all did.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

I think he does know how to organise a defence which makes it even more baffling as to why he signed two keepers and in his last game chose to play Mark Bunn such was the poor displays of Nyland and Moreira. He also chose to leave us with two recognised centre backs, having let Elphick go out on loan, and one recognised left back that he signed and quickly decided a right back in Alan Hutton was a better option.

I don't have the rabid anti Bruce feeling some do. I think he came in and initially steadied a ship that was still going backwards and still wreaked of a losers mentality from top to bottom. He stopped that backwards trajectory and did okay last season but still fell short of what was possible given the resources he had. It is also worth mentioning I respect him as a man due to the way he conducted himself during a tough time for him and his family. This season though the mess he left us in defensively, including the keeper, and the fact he had a lot of quality to chose from in midfield and forward areas which he totally negated due to to his negative tactics meant he was deservedly shown the door.

I think I'll leave this as my last word on him now. He has moved on and it is time we all did.

I honestly think his actions were calculated and an attack on all his critics that said he was too defensive. His record of a manager shows how out of character it was.

It also seems odd that he left it until the last minute to make a call for McKenna if though he was warned that there would be no time to find a replacement. Then there’s the French lad that turned us down after speaking to the manager. How often does that happen?

We’ll never know the truth. But I dont think you can judge him as a manager by the squad he left. You can probably judge him as a person though. 

21 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'm finding it highly amusing looking through a Sheffield Wednesday forum and how pleased/excited they are to have hired Steve Bruce. They really must have been dreadful these past couple years. 

I really can't stand the bloke and look forward to seeing it all go to pot for another side. 

The fact you can't stand the bloke is personal...and not much help to any Sheffield Wednesday fan, not being funny, buts its irrelevant.

as a friendly word of advice to stay interesting talk about what he does and not who he is or what you think he is.

Lots don't like Neil Warnock, read his books and they may have a different view.

We are all gods children we mean well....judge us on our actions....Steve Bruce had a view of what he wanted to do....it wasn't a spectacle we was keen on....now we have something else to occupy our minds like conceding sloppy goals.

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He'll do ok there and ultimately fall short I imagine.

I think the people expecting him to crash and burn are kidding themselves.

I think you are right.....He will right a few wrongs, then plateau.

45 minutes ago, TRO said:

Hey! be careful you might upset this site...with your blasphemy.

Now steady on TRO - your swinging back and forth once more.

2 seasons of failed objectives - and looking like a rabbit in the headlights in his 3rd season.

Good riddance to a very depressing, unimaginative and yesterday man.

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He'll do ok there and ultimately fall short I imagine.

I think the people expecting him to crash and burn are kidding themselves.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think you are right.....He will right a few wrongs, then plateau.

then dive bomb...or be there or there abouts and blame the fans.....get found out....and get the sack....then get another job at Wigan or Preston or Rotherham or Barnsley or, or, or....

• Like 1

He might well not crash and burn - probably because Wednesday have been so badly managed in recent years - their long suffering fans no longer expect much - a word of warning what little bit of hope they had left is sadly disappearing over the hills.

Â