Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Much as I really didn't want this outcome - nor for one moment do I feel he deserves another shot at our great club- he is in my view a journeyman manager - now is the time I will do my best to get behind him and the team - however I suspect probably as many do, that a difficult start to the season will result in early change imo 

1 minute ago, Dave J said:

Much as I really didn't want this outcome - nor for one moment do I feel he deserves another shot at our great club- he is in my view a journeyman manager - now is the time I will do my best to get behind him and the team - however I suspect probably as many do, that a difficult start to the season will result in early change imo 

I'm 100% behind the players, staff and all others involved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I know what i'm expecting of him and it's very little.

An extremely limited manager.

Limited he maybe but he's the best manager we've had for years. 

Bruce or henry?...shouldn't even need answering 

• Like 1

I think this was the sensible decision, so late in the day to bring someone else in. He needs to make a strong start though, and the fixture list from memory isn’t too unkind. A few good loan signings and I think we will be challenging again.

In many ways i'm disappointed but in others relieved.

Whilst it would have been very exciting to see what Henry could do, we all know deep down that this wasn't the right time to make that appointment.  It tells me that our new owners are sensible and pragmatic - they probably did want Henry but weighed up the situation and decided sticking with Bruce for now was the best option.  Dr Xia did the opposite and went out and got his glamour name straight away, without proper consideration -  think that tells you all you need to know about how different these new guys are.

I'm more concerned about how we're going to tackle FFP.  If we manage to somehow keep Jack and Chester, then add some decent loans then i'll be over the moon.

1 minute ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Limited he maybe but he's the best manager we've had for years. 

Bruce or henry?...shouldn't even need answering 

Bruce the best manager in years, that's not exactly an achievement. Plus, the rest did a better job with less money in the premier league, than he has done with some pretty high earners in this league. I dread to think how many points adrift we would have been if he had Lambert's first team.

I just hope he's a little bit more positive this season and takes games by the scruff of the neck, we have the quality in the squad to crush teams (Bristol), I hate the idea of sitting back waiting for teams to attack us. It's the right decision overall, changing manager so close to the season would be silly, Bruce knows the players the system, I'm willing to back him but he has to start showing results, we need to be challenging for automatic from the start. 

• Like 2

Well that’s another two years in the championship. Another nothing of a season. From so much hope to it all gone in the space of 6 days thanks to the TRex and his 80 yard long diagonal balls

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Bruce is now the most under pressure manager in the championship, he has to start well. Even if the owners don’t react straight away the noise to get him out would be relentless if we don’t start well.

Some may not like it, but you are absolutely right.

3 hours ago, Dick said:

Those bits are obviously opinion.

I am not ITK.....so it all is opinion.

Edited by TRO

Two weeks before the season starts, probably little in the way of transfer funds, only replacement an inexperienced PR name - this is the right decision for this moment in time.

Like many others, I don't think Bruce is great at all but we were nearly there last year with a few significant injuries and I think we'll be there (or thereabouts!!!!) If we can keep the squad largely together. Having Grealish and Kodjia from the start will more than make up for the loss of Johnstone for Steer/Bunn and Snodgrass for Green. Terry's influence was 90% off the pitch, I think Chester was the better of the two players so if we can get in a CB we'll be OK. 

You can't really question the squads loyalty to Bruce so, in a time of upheaval, I think it shows some sensible calm thinking to retain Bruce. If, like many suggest, fans aren't expecting a promotion winning season regardless of manager, then keeping Bruce on til Xmas to see what happens makes little difference to a possible promotion tilt in 19/20.

I actually think this reflects well on our new owners - they're not after a new toy with a sparkly media friendly name. Right decision for now.

• Like 2

Now is not the time for radical change. Lets keep Bruce for the season. Steady the ship. Then by next summer we will have way more room for manoeuvre in the transfer market. So we can think of a more radical change then.

I'm quite relieved the owners seem to have some sense though and haven't just gone for Henry because he's a big name. Maybe they do know how to run a club properly.

It just seems like common sense to me. There, I said it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Bruce is now the most under pressure manager in the championship, he has to start well. Even if the owners don’t react straight away the noise to get him out would be relentless if we don’t start well.

He always has been with us.....nothing new.

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Now is not the time for radical change. Lets keep Bruce for the season. Steady the ship. Then by next summer we will have way more room for manoeuvre in the transfer market. So we can think of a more radical change then.

I'm quite relieved the owners seem to have some sense though and haven't just gone for Henry because he's a big name. Maybe they do know how to run a club properly.

It just seems like common sense to me. There, I said it. 

you don't build businesses without it.....but they will look carefully at the incremental results.

Â