Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not a fan of Bruce at all.

It was so easy to pick the same team that beat 10 man Reading today and that’s exactly what he did. He should have brought in Kodjia and/or Grabban and pushed forward early. Hogan offers absolutely nothing.

Special mention to Neil Taylor today who was an extra level of crap. 

I was ok with the team selection - however far too many players played below par like it was some sort of park kickabout - taylor .adomah and snoddy in particular were all shit and many others only slightly better .

Too often the team are not up for the game and Bruce as manager has to take the blame for that as well as the players do 

Most of our players are late twenties/ thirties , no way they can play 3 games in 9 days without severe drop off in performance. I don’t remember seeing Adomah/ Snodgrass perform so badly it’s 100% fatigue .These shouldnt affect the 18-22 yr old too much. Davis / Bree /O HARE etc they all should be in the team today..

How Bruce can named an unchanged side from Reading’s  game  is beyond me...

14 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Would be crazy to sack him now at this stage - wait till the season is over 

To do what write off a promotion opportunity, he’s taking us nowhere. Roll the dice why not at the minute our odds have got to be close to 0, if we got in someone with a big promotion bonus to have a go out odds dramatically change. 

It’s the definition of insanity repeating something and expecting different results. Bruce can’t react to events during a game that’s been painfully obvious since feb last season, why half our fan base think “give him another game” I’ll never know he’s woefully inadequate for what we require. He needs to leave tonight if possible 

Edited by Fairy In Boots
  • Like 1

Just seen the bruce interview. His face looks bright red. I think he went absolutely berserk in that dressing room.

Rightly so they were absolutely pathetic today and the fans deserve better than that trash.

The team selection was fine. The issue is the way we play. We need to press high up the pitch. We do not pressure defences anywhere near enough. We need a high pressing, high energy approach. Bruce just makes us sit back inviting pressure. When we go behind his only answer is to send on more strikers. We can still go up this season but it will be in spite of Bruce. He is our biggest handicap. Out at the end of the season whatever happens

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

To do what write off a promotion opportunity, he’s taking us nowhere. Roll the dice why not at the minute our odds have got to be close to 0, if we got in someone with a big promotion bonus to have a go out odds dramatically change. 

It’s the definition of insanity repeating something and expecting different results. Bruce can’t react to events during a game that’s been painfully obvious since feb last season, why half our fan base think “give him another game” I’ll never know he’s woefully inadequate for what we require. He needs to leave tonight if possible 

We know on our day we can beat anyone in this league , down to him to get the best from this team in the play offs - there is no way he will be sacked before the season ends .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

Just now, Eastie said:

We know on our day we can beat anyone in this league pits down to him to get the best from this team in the play offs - there is no way he will be sacked before the season ends .

I would agree but I can gurantee he wont be here if he fails to take us up via play offs.

He has absolutely no excuses for not taking us up automatics the squad is good enough. Another underachieving season under bruce.

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not a fan of Bruce at all.

It was so easy to pick the same team that beat 10 man Reading today and that’s exactly what he did. He should have brought in Kodjia and/or Grabban and pushed forward early. Hogan offers absolutely nothing.

Special mention to Neil Taylor today who was an extra level of crap. 

I thought Chester was as crap too.

Most fans were calling for him to play the same team.

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

We know on our day we can beat anyone in this league , down to him to get the best from this team in the play offs - there is no way he will be sacked before the season ends .

Thats true, he won't be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I would agree but I can gurantee he wont be here if he fails to take us up via play offs.

He has absolutely no excuses for not taking us up automatics the squad is good enough. Another underachieving season under bruce.

I dont think he will be here if we go up either to be honest - either way he will be gone at the end of the season in my opinion 

• Like 3

Just now, Eastie said:

I dont think he will be here if we go up either to be honest - either way he will be gone at the end of the season in my opinion 

Maybe that's why we are not doing well? His motivation has gone as he knows he wont be here?

Hope not because its going to be chaos next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I thought Chester was as crap too.

Most fans were calling for him to play the same team.

I agreed with the team selection - however the attitude of the team was shocking and nowhere near what was needed for a must win game - players are equally to blame but if Bruce cannot motivate them for a game like this then it’s extremely worrying 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Maybe that's why we are not doing well? His motivation has gone as he knows he wont be here?

All depends who replaces him .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well we all have our opinions on that.....I cannot Guarantee he won't be here, next season.....but if I was a betting man I would say, he won't be.

I think Tony Xia will be looking for more zest and fire from the next manager.....Steve Bruce looks battle weary to me and his troops look the same.

I am also nervous who the next guy will be.....but then I always am with AVFC.

• Like 1

So Bruce is not to blame its the players 

1) Who picks them ? 

2)Who brought them ?

Prime example Neil Taylor who was shit all game his purchase so yes Neil takes some player for not performing but you can't have the manager blameless when the players is there because he chose to buy him and play him. Taylor not the only one either. Who is directing Elmohamady to lump it forward every **** time to one under 6ft striker ? Why do the wingers never switch sides when not having any luck ? Why is the only tactic when losing to send on more strikers and empty the midfield leaving said strikers and Grealish spending more time away from the opposition box than in it ? 

• Like 2

I wasn’t bothered about the starting line up and can see why he did it. But the lack of effort disappoints me. As for the subs bench, well that is very strange. The only choice was to throw on strikers.. Where’s the like of Bree (who played well against Bolton and not been seen since)or Green. Someone who can add something or enable us to change shape whilst keeping control of midfield. 

It's a good job we have an experienced bunch of players that can handle the pressure and expectation, an inspirational captain and leader, and a manager who knows what is required in this division, or this run of one win in nine could have been really bad.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That did cross my mind too....he has that look on his face.....maybe they all do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, poitier said:

It's a good job we have an experienced bunch of players that can handle the pressure and expectation, an inspirational captain and leader, and a manager who knows what is required in this division, or this run of one win in nine could have been really bad.

We went too far one way , as it comes to end of the season those experienced players all look heavy legged ..what we need is an injection of youth and pace 

Â