Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Huge kudos to Bruce for getting us to where we are now. If I'm being critical it took a bit longer than I'd hoped, but there was no guarantee it would happen at all.

He's made some excellent signings along the way too. Aside from Hogan, they've all performed their function admirably. Given some of the dross we've had down the years that's remarkable in itself.

Well done Brucie and now let's finish the job!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, srsmithusa said:

My motto is celebrate the wins, but never be content.  You can always do better.  

There is always room for improvement......but to deny yourself satisfaction in the pursuit, is unwise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

There is always room for improvement......but to deny yourself satisfaction in the pursuit, is unwise.

It’s funny to me how many fail to see the parts of my posts that are positive and enjoying what we’re seeing.   Once I try to put some context and balance, ya’ll ignore everything else I said.  Just so you can rest easy about my health, I was yelling and dancing more than Bruce after our 4th goal.  I am capable of genuine joy AND balance.  Sorry some find that concerning.  

FWIW. even when I thought we should let him go, I could see some good in what he was trying to do.  

Personally, I hope he is enjoying our win AND thinking how we could be better.  Because we can... and because we can, we should.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Aha - I didn't realize he was still with us. Didn't he join with RDM?

Yes, he did.

I was thinking he maybe deserves a thread if he doesn't already have one.  The physique and conditioning on some of our players now is incredible.  He's got to take some of the credit for the evolution of Grealish if nothing else.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

It’s funny to me how many fail to see the parts of my posts that are positive and enjoying what we’re seeing.   Once I try to put some context and balance, ya’ll ignore everything else I said.  Just so you can rest easy about my health, I was yelling and dancing more than Bruce after our 4th goal.  I am capable of genuine joy AND balance.  Sorry some find that concerning.  

FWIW. even when I thought we should let him go, I could see some good in what he was trying to do.  

Personally, I hope he is enjoying our win AND thinking how we could be better.  Because we can... and because we can, we should.  

Now thats more like it.....I'm sure as hell, you are enjoying this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Yes, he did.

I was thinking he maybe deserves a thread if he doesn't already have one.  The physique and conditioning on some of our players now is incredible.  He's got to take some of the credit for the evolution of Grealish if nothing else.

Masimiliano takes the first team warm up before games. 

Grealish credits Oli Stevenson, strength and conditioning coach (and former academy player) for his physical transformation. We seem to have good people in place in our coaching departments - well done to both Steve's.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's "the Sheikh of Muscles", Masimiliano Marchesi - the fitness coach.

JS94153240.jpg

just mentioning his name would strengthen you vocal chords:)

maybe eminem for short.

Edited by TRO

Have criticsised SB as and when i felt he was not achieving to the standard we should have been at but credit where its due he has stuck at it and proved me wrong and i salute his work these last few months. I wonder how much of a factor the new coach (bald fella, cant remember his name) has been as we seem to have galvanised and have more identity as a team since he joined. But even if it was his influance kudos to SB for bringing him in, you are a sum of your parts and where i think we seem to be strong at the moment is in our togetherness as a team, squad and staff, it feels like we are a proper club again and for that i thank SB and Dr T. - up the villa.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Yes, he did.

I think it is Ollie Stevenson, who was a failed academy player( if thats the right description) that has been assigned to Jack exclusively to improve his strength and fitness.

1 minute ago, honest_bertie said:

Have criticsised SB as and when i felt he was not achieving to the standard we should have been at but credit where its due he has stuck at it and proved me wrong and i salute his work these last few months. I wonder how much of a factor the new coach (bald fella, cant remember his name) has been as we seem to have galvanised and have more identity as a team since he joined. But even if it was his influance kudos to SB for bringing him in, you are a sum of your parts and where i think we seem to be strong at the moment is in our togetherness as a team, squad and staff, it feels like we are a proper club again and for that i thank SB and Dr T. - up the villa.

Are you agnew poster ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Masimiliano takes the first team warm up before games. 

Grealish credits Oli Stevenson, strength and conditioning coach (and former academy player) for his physical transformation. We seem to have good people in place in our coaching departments - well done to both Steve's.

sorry ........just posted that further down before reading your post.

Edited by TRO

7 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

Nice to see people finally giving Bruce the credit he deserves, turning this absolute mess of a club around was never going to be easy and we could have so easily ended up like Hull or Sunderland. It's a massive task and he's performing  brilliantly in my eyes. It's been about 7 years since I've actually looked forward to watching the villa again thank you Brucey! 

I was beginning to think there was no one we could attract could do it.................We still have some way to go, but what a cracking start he has made.

His loan signings have helped to bring the better side out of our owned players.

• Like 2

Â