Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

The thing im really starting to love about bruce more than anything is the way we seem to come out after half time in a new gear.

What ever he says to them at half time nearly always works.

16 hours ago, Jareth said:

I'm sure Bruce could replace a few of these players using his contacts, he really does have great contacts in the game. And I am fully changed mind now, Bruce must stay should we get promotion - starting again would be so mental. 

What we are building cannot be pulled asunder by change.

I see similarities with what was happening under Saunders......stability,really is working.

I think after years of demise, we are only seeing the start of it.......I think some exciting times are on their way.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I wasn't sure before but I am now. If Bruce takes us up to the Premier League I want him given the money and time to take us forward. He's deserving of that opportunity. 

Its hard for any of us to be sure, particulary when travelling through a period of transition......all the earlier work, is only now manifesting itself.

managers like Steve,Warnock,Allardyce,Pulis,Dyche are underrated, they build stability and create confidence.....given time.

they may lack certain continental skills, but they offer many others.

I think British Managers are underrated in general.

Interestingly (or not as the case may be!) dinosaurs were unbelievably well evolved and were dominant on earth for millions of years. Much longer than mammals have been dominant. The amount of years between the Stegosaurus and the TRex is way more than between the TRex and us for example. They weren’t wiped out through a lack of evolution but a freak accident. 

Not really relevant to Steve Bruce so sorry for the OT, but I always think it’s a strange insult when people said it. Although I realise no one has said it on here for quite a while.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It’s great to see us win.  Bruce has produced a much better team than he inherited.   Some of the praise here is a bit excessive IMO.  We have much better players than most in this league, on much higher salaries than most of this league, with much better facilities than most of this league.  Our manager may soon have 5 promotions on his record but that same record shows a mid table ceiling and a lower table more likely.  In fact relegation more likely than anything 10 or above.  

I am enjoying watching us play, now, but some are IMO pretty overboard in their expectations of a dinosaur. (Left that analogy just for you alreadyexists)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

It’s great to see us win.  Bruce has produced a much better team than he inherited.   Some of the praise here is a bit excessive IMO.  We have much better players than most in this league, on much higher salaries than most of this league, with much better facilities than most of this league.  Our manager may soon have 5 promotions on his record but that same record shows a mid table ceiling and a lower table more likely.  In fact relegation more likely than anything 10 or above.  

I am enjoying watching us play, now, but some are IMO pretty overboard in their expectations of a dinosaur. (Left that analogy just for you alreadyexists)

I guess if thats the best you do ......we have to accept its just you being you.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Try to enjoy it while you can, for your own sake. Football is no fun when you entrench yourself in a position purely to say 'I told you so' when inevitably the good run comes to an end. 

• Like 2

Â