Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Come on TRO. You can still comment on how you felt the opponent played without it being an attempt to discredit your own teams performance. 

5-0 is a superb result. Everybody is happy ;)

I'm on a Villa High sorry.

I did not think we could beat them tonight ( and I accept that is my fault, my lack of faith)....So when I saw the win IMO demeaned, I took Umbridge.

sorry, I am Calming now.

I thought we was great.

• Like 1

From the Twitterverse (quoting WM).

Bruce on loaning a striker: “We dont think it’ll happen until the end of January. We’ve got one or two things bubbling.” [bbc wm] #avfc

Wonder how poor old Scott Hogan's feeling...

That said, it would be good to have an extra option heading into the home stretch. Could offer some crucial goals to keep us in the hunt.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I'm on a Villa High sorry.

I did not think we could beat them tonight ( and I accept that is my fault, my lack of faith)....So when I saw the win IMO demeaned, I took Umbridge.

sorry, I am Calming now.

I thought we was great.

Image result for dolores umbridge gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Actually, I did.

We have some of the division's top players, IMO. Chester, Terry, Kodjia, Jack (on form), Albert, Hourihane (yes, I think so). There's some good players surrounding them - e.g. Jedi.

At home with the great support, I think we should look at this game and say, we should win this.

4 minutes ago, Heretic said:

From the Twitterverse (quoting WM).

Bruce on loaning a striker: “We dont think it’ll happen until the end of January. We’ve got one or two things bubbling.” [bbc wm] #avfc

Wonder how poor old Scott Hogan's feeling...

That said, it would be good to have an extra option heading into the home stretch. Could offer some crucial goals to keep us in the hunt.

Dion outta retirement? 

42 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Dion outta retirement? 

I would get a passport and be on the next plane to Birmingham. He is one of the reasons  (a big one) that I ended up the die hard villa supporter I am.

38 minutes ago, Heretic said:

:D

Love your thinking. Fire us to second and nut Savage on his way to celebrate with the Holte.

Can still picture Savage jabbering and bobbing around and Dion just gave him the 'don't argue'

• Like 1

I flip flop a lot with Bruce. I just don’t know where I stand. When I’m in the out camp it’s because of dross football and baffling team selections and tactics. And then he goes and blows a promotion chasing team out of the water like they’re not even there.

I’m hoping he can make this easy for us by just consistently spanking everyone.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TRO said:

and it should be said I respectfully disagree.....They were no more for the taking than any other side we play.

Quite right TRO.

I only listened to the commentary but it did sound like the kind of performance we had come to expect from this current Villa side - playing tough opponents and not having much of the ball and in danger of conceding a goal. We then scored and just kicked on from there. It was the most sustained attacking from Villa I had known since Bruce took over and, without doubt, our attacking players - Grealish, Adomah, Snodgrass, Hogan, Hourihane destroyed them.

The balance of those five players going forward, when on song, should put any defensive unit to the test because they have shown in the past how good they all are individually. Last night they clicked and Bristol City paid the price. If left to play that way from now on I doubt Bristol City will be the last team to be put to the sword. 

We will beat Wolves playing that kind of football. Birmingham should ask for an abandonment after half hour if we play that kind of football. 

• Like 1

Can't believe we win 5 - 0 and people are squabbling about if we were good or the opposition (first away defeat since August) were awful. 

Suck it up folks. 

• Like 2

Let's face it, Bruce has been right about individual errors costing us. Whelan gifted Derby their first. Jedinak x2 against Sheff Utd. Whelan error again against Brentford. 

We should have beaten Sheff Utd and yet they went and got a draw at Derby. We can definitely get top two playing like we did yesterday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

A really fantastic result yesterday. Almost everyone around me looked amazed because i think the majority of fans thought we would scrape a win at best. 

I thought they were really poor. They obviously arent a poor side, their results this season tell you that. Just how much losing their keeper, the quick turnaround from the Wolves game and the effort that they needed to put into that game helped us we just dont know. I dont say that to take away from our result at all, several players (Grealish, Hourihane, Hogan) were fantastic, but it certainly helped. 

It has to be said that yet again bruce seems to have stumbled across a bit of luck in terms of injuries in putting the team out that he did. That doesnt take away from the performance, but why it cant be used as a reasonable criticism or concern is beyond me. Just as people who want Bruce in are basing their opinion on his record, what they appear to be seeing etc. and feel last night supports this, its equally reasonable who want bruce out to look on the bigger picture. If any fan is genuinely basing their opinion on whether bruce should go or not on one or two games then their opinion is obviously highly flawed. I doubt many are, that doesnt mean people didnt enjoy the result. It means people are looking longer term. 

The biggest boost last nights result gives us is the confidence in beating a team in the top six. Should we make play offs (yes, automatic looks possible but lets be honest has anything weve seen over the season as a whole suggested we can get there?) then that will be vital. But last nights confidence boost in that regard is pointless if we dont follow up on it. 

Bruce could go on to win the next few but it wouldnt change my opinion that he isnt the man for the job long term. If he got us to the play offs and won i would still want him sacked before we started in the premier league. Some people think thats ridiculous and thats fine, but nothing annoys me more than the 'Wheres the bruce out parade now?' that gets spouted whenever we win. 

You could argue Ron Saunders stumbled on his championship winning side in 1980/81 - He Brought Peter With to play along side Brian Little. Little got Injured so upped stepped Gary Shaw. Furthermore the villa board , late on in the 1979/80 season, Blocked the signing of Mick Fergusson - had that gone through we might not have signed Withe.

Bruce's record in the prem worries me, as does Bruce's record of signing  crap strikers. Where I differ from a good few on here is that I don't see who would come mid season and hit the the ground running mid season. Our best chance of going up is Brucie coming good.

• Like 2

I for one cannot come on here and be hypocritical- I don't like him and don't believe he is the correct man for the job - but neither will I deny him credit when it is due.

fantastic result against a team who have been flying this season.

well done SB - but can you now leave the handbrake well and truly alone please.

• Like 1

Â