Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

36 minutes ago, Eastie said:

But by then we could be 10 points behind Leeds and wolves and derby and already well adrift - the decision should have been made in the recent 2 week break .

The confidence and renewed hope we temporarily we gained will also have been demolished along with it, making a new managers job even harder. Poor decision all round ffs.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

14 minutes ago, nobler said:

Rubbish, pathetic manager. Absolutely baffling that a squad with this much talent is playing with so much fear and so little freedom. Hard to believe he earns the money he does. Do one. 

What talent? The squad is predominantly made up of has beens and mediocre championship players. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

What talent? The squad is predominantly made up of has beens and mediocre championship players. 

Those were signed by Bruce, the squad was more talented before he arrived. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KHV said:

I think there's lots of talent in the squad, more than most in the division. Do you feel Bruce is getting the most out of them and doing an adequate job? 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, nobler said:

I think there's lots of talent in the squad, more than most in the division. Do you feel Bruce is getting the most out of them and doing an adequate job? 

I think the squad is weak. The defence is weak, the midfield has no pace or creativity and the only decent forward we have is injured.

Needs to go. Seemed generally surprised at how brentford were going to play. They had the ginger fella dictating the whole game, we continued with whelan running from side to side. Getting really bored at watching teams play much better football, with far fewer resources. Go go go go go go etc. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, KHV said:

I think the squad is weak. The defence is weak, the midfield has no pace or creativity and the only decent forward we have is injured.

KHV I have respect for you, you seem to know the game and definitely know the Villa. But your judgement is wrong. Most of these players were quality with their previous clubs. There is no cohesion, Terry has even lost his ability to be captain.

Now, if this is not a managerial issue please shoot me down. But Bruce bought these players in with a knowledge of how to get promoted. At this moment in time we have no idea how to win a game, we have no attacking influence, an to have 1 shot on target against the mighty Brentford at home is to me, more than shocking.

People on here asking for Dean Smith to be manager is really showing how shit  we must really be.

1 hour ago, KHV said:

And is still better than most teams in this league, which are predominantly made up of never beens and poor championship players.

• Like 1

Today was disgusting, utterly vile. What a truly horrible way to set up a team. sit back soak up the unnecessary pressure then  when you retrive the ball lump it up to your acedamy striker, poor bloke didnt stand a chance. Your a prize prat bruce a clueless one at that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KHV said:

You've definitely got some good midfield players (counting wingers too)

Adomah, Grealish (if he gets his head down), Snodgrass, Hourihane, Onomah are all decent players for the Championship.

I'd definitely like Hourihane at Ashton Gate.

Dont particularly rate your defence though.

I went into today's match with a strange sense of optimism - maybe the international break blurring my memory...the reality was utter dross. We are still showing no signs of improvement, no signs of a coherent plan coming together, and not even flashes of dominance against some average teams. 

I don't buy into the rationale of giving 'time' for the sake of it - after this amount of time the progress is just unacceptable. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he will be sacked tomorrow or Monday.

If not, as harsh as it sounds, we as fans will have to out him, like we have done with previous managers. There needs to be a performance at Middlesborough. All I can see coming though is some McLeish esk quality tactics.

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

If not, as harsh as it sounds, we as fans will have to out him, like we have done with previous managers. There needs to be a performance at Middlesborough. All I can see coming though is some McLeish esk quality tactics.

I don't believe tactics or formations are the problem. It's purely down to confidence. You lack confidence you do the basics wrong. You stop wanting the ball and therefore there is no movement. We don't hoof the ball long because it's Bruce's plan. We hoof it because all the team shy away from passes. Nobody moves or comes to the ball. 

Bruce can not inspire this bunch. We don't need need a tactical modern manager we need a f**king shrink. 

The doc is clearly angry. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Is it Terry, or is Bruce not asking him to lead on the pitch. I see no passion, no urgency to get the others performing like he did at Chelsea.

Is this the proof as a club we are a easy ride. 

I think it might be proof that A. He underestimated the task and/or more importantly B. He realised being mates with Bruce does not reflect his ability as a manager.

I am sure he will be as sick to his stomach as anyone.

Anyone bred in the environment he is used to won't like this losing and being on the backfoot one bit.

Â