Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

On 4/22/2017 at 08:31, dn1982 said:

Name these players that can't pass the ball or control it? We are in the Championship our players don't have to be the worlds best they just have to be better than those in this league. I've asked you a few times now about our team. Do teams like Brentford have better players? Do they play better football? Do you think Bruce is doing a good job? Are you happy with the football Bruce is having us play? Bruce will have been in charge for virtually a full PL campaign just short of 38 games isn't that long enough to expect to see improvement on the pitch? If not in your opinion when should we expect it? If you don't want to answer fair enough just don't reply quoting Pele compared to Alan Hutton (deliberately not said Cafu). 

When should we expect it?

I'm a villa fan, not a clairvoyant.

I am very worried now.

Despite us winning today. The way we've played has been poor. Tactically he does not set us up to win games.

I really want him to do well. But unless a miracle happens this summer.  I cannot see us playing,scoring and winning effectively. 

I just wish we had a manager that we could stick with for a few years and be proud of our football.  

I just don't get it. Steve Round has all these plans with structure,identity and being forward thinking but I have not seen half of that . I dunno maybe I'm impatient.

Hey Steve, if you're reading this thread.

We need to go into the Blackburn game with a really strong line-up to finish the season on a high.

Something like:

Bunn

De Laet Richards Grealish Kozak

Johnstone Bjarnason Hepburn-Murphy Sarkic

McCormack Hutton

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

On evidence, I fear it will take us another 2 seasons to get back up with Bruce.

Time will tell.

I totally agree......too much is still not up to standard.

I am not convinced that any other manager will do it any sooner.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing is we play crap and win and keep a clean sheet. That can't be ignored ?

At some point we need to see a performance, not going to happen this season is it.

Hate him or hate him Redknapp had them playing to a system to make it difficult for us, Bruce has not implemented a system in 35 games.......Says it all.

• Like 1

I do not subscribe to the theory that Steve Bruce is playing like this out of choice.

He is playing like it because he feels it's his only way to get wins and points.Necessity is the mother of invention.

what comes first the chicken or the egg......The players have to show enough, that allows SB to give them the licence to attack......but they get beat by their opponent far too often, that puts us back on the back foot And sucks us in to defence.

Steve has already just admitted that he has much work to do and has also admitted to a busy summer ahead......which tells you the players are not good enough.

Gabby should not have to rally the troops like he did.....many of them are simply not up to it.

Listening to his post match interview. 

He knows that this is going to be a very busy summer. He knows that the team is not good enough. BUT like what SNE has said he has not set a real foundation to be built on for next season.

I really hope this man turns our fortunes into something good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I do not subscribe to the theory that Steve Bruce is playing like this out of choice.

He is playing like it because he feels it's his only way to get wins and points.Necessity is the mother of invention.

what comes first the chicken or the egg......The players have to show enough, that allows SB to give them the licence to attack......but they get beat by their opponent far too often, that puts us back on the back foot And sucks us in to defence.

Steve has already just admitted that he has much work to do and has also admitted to a busy summer ahead......which tells you the players are not good enough.

Gabby should not have to rally the troops like he did.....many of them are simply not up to it.

Fair enough.

Who are the players you feel need replacing?

Â