Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

No shit Sherlock. My biggest gripe this season full stop. 

I would imagine we're rock bottom in terms of chance completion.

@BOF?

That's why I expect hogan to return when fit again at Wigan next week - he is a finisher and Bruce will find a way to play him and kodija .

Edited by Eastie

26 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

No shit Sherlock. My biggest gripe this season full stop. 

I would imagine we're rock bottom in terms of chance completion.

@BOF?

Makes for fairly grim reading. The first list is how many shots at goal (on or off target) we take per each goal scored.

JF3pmpex5pwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

The next table is how many shots on target we have per each goal scored

AcnXTm5qVCc1AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

I took the chances and on target stats from whoscored.com.  Obviously games played and goals scored are available anywhere!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This sums up why people aren't taking you seriously. The result of a single game against one of the most impressive teams in the league will not indicate false dawns or turning corners!  

Nothing to do with the garbage football 5 losses in a row with a squad that costs us 70m plus then 

Oh I forgot it don't matter because we beat 3 of the worse in form sides in the league.. 

I've been very vocal in my lack of faith in Bruce recently. But tonight is almost a free pass for him. If we don't win, criticising him is basically complaining that we didn't win 4 consecutive games, which is a ridiculous thing to do. 

Win tonight and it's an unbelievable turn around and will make myself and other doubters start to look foolish for not being prepared to afford him more time with new players. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I've been very vocal in my lack of faith in Bruce recently. But tonight is almost a free pass for him. If we don't win, criticising him is basically complaining that we didn't win 4 consecutive games, which is a ridiculous thing to do. 

Win tonight and it's an unbelievable turn around and will make myself and other doubters start to look foolish for not being prepared to afford him more time with new players. 

But it's really not just about winning or losing, is it? We won plenty when Bruce first arrived, albeit the football was dire, and you could see the 'downfall' around the corner. I know not all emphasize the performance, as I do. To some the result is all that matters. At the moment I'll too of course take any win, but I'd still like to see genuine progress, from a pure playing perspective.

5 minutes ago, vreitti said:

But it's really not just about winning or losing, is it? We won plenty when Bruce first arrived, albeit the football was dire, and you could see the 'downfall' around the corner. I know not all emphasize the performance, as I do. To some the result is all that matters. At the moment I'll too of course take any win, but I'd still like to see genuine progress, from a pure playing perspective.

I think As wins come , players gel and confidence grows the performances will improve along with it - still a work in progress at the moment 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vreitti said:

It is about winning and losing, that's actually all it's about. 

However, to play devil's advocate I have seen genuine progress in the football over the last 3 games. There has been a marked improvement. Hence why I'm slowly being won around, the results are a bonus. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Would you rather get promoted playing rubbish football, or be relegated playing beautiful football?

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

He really needs to get as many players from Asante Kotoko in as he can, then loan them out to the Belgian league for a few seasons - we'll be laughing then.

Ahhh now I need to write this down for later. Still works in FM15 right?

16 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It is about winning and losing, that's actually all it's about. 

However, to play devil's advocate I have seen genuine progress in the football over the last 3 games. There has been a marked improvement. Hence why I'm slowly being won around, the results are a bonus. 

I've merely seen the highlights from the last three games, so I'll have to take your word for it. I do recall several people actually saying we didn't play all that well as a whole, but I'm hesitant to go into a debate about what does or doesn't constitute "genuine progress" now. 

were in the championship - the football isn't going to great.

Yes I know - Newcastle \ Brighton etc - ..

Sadly its a work in progress - at the moment we aren't good enough nor do we have enough confidence to blow teams out of the water. Hoping and expecting steady improvement from here ...

13 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Isn't it obvious from my OP?

Not really I'm afraid:

47 minutes ago, vreitti said:

But it's really not just about winning or losing, is it? We won plenty when Bruce first arrived, albeit the football was dire, and you could see the 'downfall' around the corner. I know not all emphasize the performance, as I do. To some the result is all that matters.

You're emphasizing performance over results here, so I'm taking that to mean you wouldn't mind seeing us relegated as long as we're playing attractive football 

50 minutes ago, vreitti said:

At the moment I'll too of course take any win, but I'd still like to see genuine progress, from a pure playing perspective.

But now, you want us to win despite how we're playing, so you're emphasizing results over performance.

Â