Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Fifteen million down the drain, Johnny Kodjia scores again...

He cost more than any other striker in this league Do i need to show you the top scorers table? 

40m net spend to be in the lower half...if you think that's good enough then I'm speechless 

9 hours ago, JE- said:

Well I don't know about on here so cannot comment but when that awful run of form went on and on and on most the fans don't seem critical 

I watched Huddersfield closely in recent times with interest and I can say with Great confidence wagner is 10 times the manager Bruce will ever be 

The 3 teams coming down likely to be Middlesborough Hull and Sunderland will be better equipped to prepare for life in the championship and a good chance of keeping their players with the new TV deal and increased para monies. 

I feel personally Bruce has had his chance he made too many changes to a team that was being effective and it secured another season at this level...

The board are sticking with him regardless and I feel in the long run this will be a bad mistake.. Hope I am wrong  but after seeing years of dark age football with villa it's time we stepped into the 21st century 

I think Bruce has every right to be given time to succeed and we bought in some very good signings .

As for hull , boro and Sunderland none of those cause me any great worry - I'd fancy us to finish above all of them next season .

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JE- said:

I'm sorry you are wrong on this one... Listen to when Bruce came in.. Why is his contract a rolling one? 

We have spent net of close to 40m record breaking money it's not unrealistic to expect better what we have witnessed this season 

No you're wrong, just saying. Seeing as we are playing the who is wrong game. You'd swear reading posts like this we had lost our last 3 and not scored a goal. 

• Like 1

I seem to remember alot of fans claiming top 2 this season as a minimum...

I don't fancy us next season I'm afraid.. Blackburn beat Derby at home.. Bristol and Rotherham are more league one standard than so I'll take the wins but doesn't mean fat lot in proving we have turned a corner 

Tuesday will give us more of an Indicaton 

Bruce is here next season regardless.. 

The irony of these wins and improvement of results are as a result of Bruce playing a system he actually doesn't even believe in.. Which further cements my view of why he isn't the man to have another season.. But Wyness will keep him in the attempt to not be seen to oversee another managerial mistake 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jareth said:

C'mon dude, your view ain't changing whatever you see through those eye things. 

My overall view on Bruce won't change but if he wins the next 2 I will give him alot more credit than the last 3 wins he's had. 

I just firmly believe Bruce is not a manager to take us forward.. He claims to 'not do tactics' and is a dinasour in a new age of football. 

When we have come up against footballing sides we have been found out under Bruce... I think that tells me everything 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JE- said:

The irony of these wins and improvement of results are as a result of Bruce playing a system he actually doesn't even believe in.. Which further cements my view of why he isn't the man to have another season.. But Wyness will keep him in the attempt to not be seen to oversee another managerial mistake 

alright then, sack him today. Who do you bring in as his replacement that will meet your expectations?

2 minutes ago, JE- said:

My overall view on Bruce won't change but if he wins the next 2 I will give him alot more credit than the last 3 wins he's had. 

I just firmly believe Bruce is not a manager to take us forward.. He claims to 'not do tactics' and is a dinasour in a new age of football. 

When we have come up against footballing sides we have been found out under Bruce... I think that tells me everything 

Brighton are a classy footballing side and far from being found out we played them off the pitch - give Bruce and the new signings time and we will reap the rewards.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, a m ole said:

alright then, sack him today. Who do you bring in as his replacement that will meet your expectations?

No point sacking him now and I also know he's manager next season so it's a pointless discussion 

There is a guy out of work who I'd approach and that's marcelino 

6 minutes ago, JE- said:

No point sacking him now and I also know he's manager next season so it's a pointless discussion 

There is a guy out of work who I'd approach and that's marcelino 

it's not pointless because i'm asking what you would do if you were the guy making that decision.

What if Marcelino didn't want to manage in the Championship? who's next?

1 hour ago, JE- said:

Two of your points I agree with concerning system which was basically forced upon him due to injuries and Wyness but someone mentioned a stat a few weeks ago on here that Bruce promoted his other teams after being at those clubs for a season and a half.

When you consider the changes made at the club (for the better in my view) giving the present manager a pre season and the first 10-15 games of next season to see how he does is not long to wait especially when the new players and manager are now showing signs of settling in.

Edited by striker
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

it's not pointless because i'm asking what you would do if you were the guy making that decision.

What if Marcelino didn't want to manage in the Championship? who's next?

Well money talks in football if the ambition is genuine then I'm sure he'd come 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

10x the manager bruce is? How many promotions has wagner got to bruce? The comparison is ridiculous 

A guy who has been manager for 2 years or so cannot be compared to be x10 better than a mangers who has been around for over 10 years and countless promotions.

It's like comparing an amateur boxer who starts well to a previous world champion

Well its not the same as that what so ever Becuase one has built his side using only 3m and his side play football and not hoof it hope to knick a goal backwards style tripe 

Let me ask you this...what sort of club do you think wagner is going to go to next? And what sort of club do you think Bruce is going to go to next? 

Sorry but wagner is already way ahead of Bruce what he has achieved at Huddersfield is excellent 

14 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

No its a debate between pretty football and ugly football...... And the accumulative effect this could have over the whole season. I think it might be you who hasn't understood my post. But then your happy to be a mid table championship team that plays like Barcelona, so maybe we just don't get each other. 

Hi VoO

You raise the ultimate point here

Pretty football v Ugly hoofball

playing either way doesnt garantee anything.

However

If you can get a "Pretty" team to get stuck in and grind out a win (a la Fergie ManU) you will go far

Trying to get a hoofball/sit back team to outplay a good (or even a "methodical" team) is much more difficult.

So the ceilings for the 2 styles are at different levels

Pretty football that can also be turned into (Scottish-type) "Fitba" is my prefered choice.

Imho - Bruce is not the man for this

Bruce Out (still)

Just now, JE- said:

Well its not the same as that what so ever Becuase one has built his side using only 3m and his side play football and not hoof it hope to knick a goal backwards style tripe 

Let me ask you this...what sort of club do you think wagner is going to go to next? And what sort of club do you think Bruce is going to go to next? 

Sorry but wagner is already way ahead of Bruce what he has achieved at Huddersfield is excellent 

Ok your posts are very confusing, are you referring to him achieving more than Bruce this season? If you are of course he is we have been pretty poor . You surely cannot be referring to generally as you cannot be taken seriously.

bruce has countless promotions, Wagner has what one too 6 finish? What's difference to what Wagner has done to Owen Coyle has? Or tony Mowbray all have got a promotion. 

to answer your question I would imagine a villa type team. He for me is same bracket as rowett

Â