Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

20 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I see hogan as the main striker with kodija playing a wider role - he prefers that role and is good at cutting in and whipping in shots from wide - either way the more options and flexible we are the better .

I don't think he's better there and I think Hogan would be poor in that lone role from what I've seen. 

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think he's better there and I think Hogan would be poor in that lone role from what I've seen. 

I think hogan will prove a great signing for us and bang in loads of goals - he's more a finisher than kodija - both will be valuable assets in the promotion push . 

The ability to adapt to various situations will be key and the more options the better.

Edited by Eastie

The most important thing that has changed is we are keeping clean sheets do that and you always have a chance of winning games.Winning games is a habit and we need to keep this run going to build for next season .

Three wins on the bounce will have given everyone confidence and attitudes around the dressingroom will be a lot better than they were two weeks ago. 

If we can continue the good form to the end of the seaon and have a settled summer/preseason I will feel a lot better about next season. 

Rotherham and Bristol are the 2 worst teams in the league for the past while so I wouldn't be getting carried away. The wins have bought Bruce time so he probably deserves until the end of the season at this stage before re-evaluating the situation. Wyness, Round and co still should have plan for every eventuality though.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, JE- said:

Not much pressure? You clearly don't understand where the money has come from or the sustainability of it... Lerner was crucified for overspending on crap players.. That's exactly what we have done this season although not crap for the championship they are not good enough for the prem not one of them... No player should cost 15m from Bristol city it's ridiculous we got robbed 

If you actually look more into it kodjia is 15m with adds on not 15m straight out. Also he scored today yet again. I don't understand why you care about the fee if he is delivering goals?

So you think Chester was crap? Jedinak? Hourihane and lansbury?

We have wasted some money on the likes of McCormack, tishbola (who actually has potential be decent) to name a few 

And with regards to pressure we won't be favourites so I think we have a better chance.  Also bruce will have the summer to get this squad right. I'm confident

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I think it really undermines people's opinions when they dismiss three wins on the bounce because it's the minimum they would expect. 

It basically translates as "I'm not willing to give credit to the manager even when it's due"

Yep. I've called out his mistakes, but I am also giving him a lot of credit for turning that poor form around - it can't be an easy thing to do. 3 wins in a row is a positive, I hope we can take something from the next two now.

Well I don't know about on here so cannot comment but when that awful run of form went on and on and on most the fans don't seem critical 

I watched Huddersfield closely in recent times with interest and I can say with Great confidence wagner is 10 times the manager Bruce will ever be 

The 3 teams coming down likely to be Middlesborough Hull and Sunderland will be better equipped to prepare for life in the championship and a good chance of keeping their players with the new TV deal and increased para monies. 

I feel personally Bruce has had his chance he made too many changes to a team that was being effective and it secured another season at this level...

The board are sticking with him regardless and I feel in the long run this will be a bad mistake.. Hope I am wrong  but after seeing years of dark age football with villa it's time we stepped into the 21st century 

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

I think hogan will prove a great signing for us and bang in loads of goals - he's more a finisher than kodija - both will be valuable assets in the promotion push . 

The ability to adapt to various situations will be key and the more options the better.

I thought he would but i think he looks like a player who needs a strike partner and I don't think that suits the midfield we have. 

Hogan looks like he needs others to bring him into a game too much. 

Could be an expensive headache for Bruce to have but it makes the squad stronger. 

• Like 1

Well I'm actually feeling positive for next season already and if liked predicted it's Hull, Sunderland and Boro that come down then what a result for us, especially if Brighton and Newcastle go up this year, there's literally no team for us to worry about.

Huddersfield have had a good season, but so did Leicester last year, not sure why the love in with Wagner, doing good this season, could easily go pair shape next season.

Where as with Villa, I genuinely believe what Bruce has taken on is a massive job and he is having to literally re-arrange the foundations of the club along with Steve Round, and the quality of proven championship players, star performers at this level is exciting for next season, and another transfer window still to come before next season, I imagine we will be favourites to go up next season. 

50 minutes ago, JE- said:

The board are sticking with him regardless and I feel in the long run this will be a bad mistake.. Hope I am wrong  but after seeing years of dark age football with villa it's time we stepped into the 21st century 

Tony is about to buy Bordeaux, and probably a few other clubs globally, you might say that is a modern approach to club ownership. Wyness feels Bruce will get us promotion yet you feel a guy with his experience is mistaken. Keep going. 

Have to be happy with three wins and no goals against in any football anytime. And credit has to go to the Manager in just the same way he had to carry the can for the previous two months.

And.... three wins !!! However you look at it we've not done that for an eternity so it has to be applauded.

But the opposition has been poor, and we've 'only'played ok.

What would mean far more is what happens, tactically, performance wise, and crucially results wise, in the next two games.

After those two we will genuinely have an idea whether a corner has been turned or not.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Tony is about to buy Bordeaux, and probably a few other clubs globally, you might say that is a modern approach to club ownership. Wyness feels Bruce will get us promotion yet you feel a guy with his experience is mistaken. Keep going. 

Well he's already been wrong the aim when he brought in Bruce was for promotion THIS season and promotion was over in January 

So 'keep going' 

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

You may have missed the fact that when Tony and RDM started they said promotion was hopefully a 1 year target but it may take 2 years. If you were expecting Bruce to deliver promotion given when he started at the club, then you are part of the problem, i.e. ridiculous expectations, constant manager swaps, failure. 

I'm sorry you are wrong on this one... Listen to when Bruce came in.. Why is his contract a rolling one? 

We have spent net of close to 40m record breaking money it's not unrealistic to expect better what we have witnessed this season 

46 minutes ago, JE- said:

I'm sorry you are wrong on this one... Listen to when Bruce came in.. Why is his contract a rolling one? 

We have spent net of close to 40m record breaking money it's not unrealistic to expect better what we have witnessed this season 

Describe a rolling contract to me. 

Did you know Martin O'Neill was on one?

• Like 1

Â