Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

On 03/03/2017 at 02:24, Villan_of_oz said:

If we drew every game 2-2, but played beautiful football, we would still probably get relegated. If we won every game 1-0, playing ugly, we would win the league. How is this even a debate. If you want to watch pretty football, play FIFA 17.

I doubt we would get relegated with 46 points and a 0 goal difference but you make a valid point.

21 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I enjoyed the Derby game more as we beat a decent (albeit out of form team). Forest are a poor team and that just summed up the RDM reign for me.

I'm glad things are picking up now as I'm certainly in no mood for yet another managerial change.

We can end the season with 60 + points now I'm sure so surely that would be evidence the squad is properly gelling.

Let's see what SB can do with a full pre season and starting on points with everyone in August as opposed to coming in mid October with us in the bottom 3.

It's very tough to make the top 6 from that point...Derby had a go aswell but they're going to finish well off the top 6 now.

He took over SHA in December and got them into the play offs with a lot less transfer money and a shitter team. Where has he gone wrong this time?

31 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

I doubt we would get relegated with 46 points and a 0 goal difference but you make a valid point.

Yeah tbh I wasn't %100 sure of the standard quota for avoiding relegation in the championship, so fair play that 46 pts wouldn't get relegated.

28 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

He took over SHA in December and got them into the play offs with a lot less transfer money and a shitter team. Where has he gone wrong this time?

I honestly believe that in years to come we will look back and understand better, just how messed up our club was/maybe still is a bit. This is a big big ship and maybe its just starting to turn around. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I honestly believe that in years to come we will look back and understand better, just how messed up our club was/maybe still is a bit. This is a big big ship and maybe its just starting to turn around. 

Provided Captain Bruce doesn't get knifed in the back by impatient mutinous fans...

• Like 2

We've beaten two very poor sides on the bounce at home, sides we should comfortably be beating at home. Today we have another easy game that we will most likely win. The acid test is when we go on and play sides in the top half. The goal for us should be a top 10 finish, if we do that then I think Bruce should be kept on, if we don't then he has proved that he's not good enough.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Yep you've nailed it. I hated him untill he got a twitter account. God only knows what I'll do if he gets on pintrest! Eekkk! 

And you follow it up with more outstanding points. To move forward he should stop trying to grow his business. We don't need anymore money or revenue. He should build a huge balcony that over hangs the pitch and just shout and point. We'd be top of the league.

Finally massive thanks to you for taking time out of your busy day, as an in touch football expert. If only Wyness could pick your brain about being in touch and use your modern ways.

Thanks mate, theres nothing like some fresh guff to read on a sat morning! 

I'll simply answer to this scarstic comment with 2 simple questions

How much have we spent? Where are we in the league 

Yes thanks very much enough said.. Great job though villa board clap clap 

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We've beaten two very poor sides on the bounce at home, sides we should comfortably be beating at home. Today we have another easy game that we will most likely win. The acid test is when we go on and play sides in the top half. The goal for us should be a top 10 finish, if we do that then I think Bruce should be kept on, if we don't then he has proved that he's not good enough.

Mate at least we are winning them. Under that flop Italian we were losing or drawing those kind of games. 

I think provided we don't implode towards end of season bruce stays. I think we will be much better come next season. Also there will not be as much pressure as this year. The pressure will be on the Sunderlands and hulls who come down.

On paper we have one of the stronger squ ads I'd be very surprised if we are not top 7 next season pending on outgoings in summer

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Mate at least we are winning them. Under that flop Italian we were losing or drawing those kind of games. 

I think provided we don't implode towards end of season bruce stays. I think we will be much better come next season. Also there will not be as much pressure as this year. The pressure will be on the Sunderlands and hulls who come down.

On paper we have one of the stronger squ ads I'd be very surprised if we are not top 7 next season pending on outgoings in summer

Not much pressure? You clearly don't understand where the money has come from or the sustainability of it... Lerner was crucified for overspending on crap players.. That's exactly what we have done this season although not crap for the championship they are not good enough for the prem not one of them... No player should cost 15m from Bristol city it's ridiculous we got robbed 

Edited by JE-
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JE- said:

Spot on its quite hilarious how some fans are making out these 2 wins are the markings of a messiah when in reality this is no achievement what so ever 

Nobody is doing that though are they, but of course you know that.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

17 minutes ago, JE- said:

Not much pressure? You clearly don't understand where the money has come from or the sustainability of it... Lerner was crucified for overspending on crap players.. That's exactly what we have done this season although not crap for the championship they are not good enough for the prem not one of them... No player should cost 15m from Bristol city it's ridiculous we got robbed 

Our Tony has already stated that he doesn't intend to make money from Villa. Then there's Wyness who has stated that the balance sheet is in good health. Looks good to me, but then I'm only going on what seems blindingly obvious. 

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Our Tony has already stated that he doesn't intend to make money from Villa. Then there's Wyness who has stated that the balance sheet is in good health. Looks good to me, but then I'm only going on what seems blindingly obvious. 

No Because no business person ever acquires any business to make any a return on investment I mean what are all those idiots on dragons den thinking they should stand to lose money every year just t like our genius owner 

Not sure this is the right thread but.

I think we should separate between Villa being economically successful (or at least not hemorrhaging money) and Xia losing money on his investment in Villa as a whole as we (at least I) don't fully know what his long term plan for Villa and the Birmingham area is.

I'm certain (regardless of what was said publicly) that the plan all along was to go straight back up, and that has failed in a spectacular way. So no doubt things will have changed a bit with that not happening. Next season is a must, if not then we will be in trouble as a club.

Xia personally won't be. But I fear should this happen we might become less important to him as other projects might take priority.

No doubt Xia is willing to take a (big) loss on Villa for a short period of time, but he won't or won't be allowed to over a sustained period of time by the FFP.

So far Villa is helping Xia establish a base for him in Birmingham, I'm sure he has bigger plans than owning a Championship club here.

Actually not sure what my point was here :D

Anyway, please start acting like a team with an actual idea of what they are doing please.

Edit: I think I've managed to boil it down to that there is only a short period of time left while Villa is still helping Xia with his other ventures before we become if not a hindrance than at least a distraction to those plans. Unless we get back up into the PL.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

I think we as villa fans seem to be just accepting low standards now lerner has beaten us down to the lowly level and we just accept it now 

Let me ask you folks this question... If lerner picked  Bruce would he be getting so much support like he is from fans? Absolutely not.. Double standards i am afraid 

Edited by JE-
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Quite interesting that Bruce said that his preferred formation in the Championship is 4-4-2, but that he will stick with 4-3-3 as it has given us the best results.

I thought he wanted to play, or at least have the opportunity to play 3-5-2, he tried it for a couple of games recently and I remember him saying that he quite liked that formation. But apparently 4-4-2 is what he likes the most.

It was interesting to hear that he calls the formation we play now as a 4-3-3, I was wondering what formation we were playing...   

I thought it was quite clearly a 4-3-3. In fact if you look at the heatmap of the last two games it's clear as day. The right side is generally more advanced than the left, which backs up the theory that we rely on Hutton in an attacking sense more than we should. 

He has always used 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 though, as far as I'm aware. 

• Like 1

Â