Next Villa Manager

Richard

Why is Guidolin not being mentioned as a candidate?

It's not hard to see why we are in so much trouble when Xia can afford to have his pick of managers but Bruce, Smith and Wagner are on top of our wishlist.

Edited by Michael118

5 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Can the next person we appoint please not be shit? 

Tim Sherwood ( shit), Remi Garde (merde), Eric Black (cack), Robert Di Matteo (dootie)

Shit is found in one form or another in all those names.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Wahey!

Basically, Mr Bruce purchased something from my dad and told him to keep the change.

My dad used said change to purchase aforementioned compost. Not terribly exciting, but there we are

I was hoping for more, actually. Something like he drew a smiley face on the front, named it Kevin, then flew off to Lesbos for a dirty weekend away with it. ( Steve Bruce, not your Dad by the way.)

But, it was nice that Mr Bruce let your Dad keep the change.

Edited by AJ
Edited to avoid personally offensive misunderstanding

2 minutes ago, KSV said:

Wanger having interview tomorrow according to more 'social media' sources. 

Wanger? The last thing we need is a manager who is a total dick.

• Like 3

I fear Wagner may need quite a bit of time to turn us around which is something we can't quite afford. He has done well this season with Huddersfield with his own players and all that jazz. We need a manager who can hit the ground running. I'm not sure Wagner is that man. I'm not sure any of the names mentioned are... Which is why I want a completely shock name turn up and blow us out our mind. Who that is I don't know, but I'm not happy with any candidate mentioned really.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

warnock gone to cardiff apparently..thank god for that

Depending on who we bring in as manager... I firmly believe Cardiff have a great chance of finishing above us with the appointment of warnock.

8 hours ago, Neil said:

Odds like this are moved purely on what is being lumped on, computer assisted to ensure the bookie always wins...lower the odds on popular markets to ensure the payout doesn't exceed the total takings/etc.

I know this has all been said before, but most of the time this is all it is and people lump on pure speculation.  Twatter rumours fuel customers and odds change / etc.

Rarely is there any privy info with the bookies, sometimes punters get lucky and there is the possibility that odds are moving because punters got a lucky tip off but that is unusual.

Good points but when all bookies turn odds on for a certain manager then it's normally a done deal. At the moment most bookies are still offering better than evens for Bruce so it's still wide open in my opinion. 

#wagnerlove

This thread makes me laugh.  Bruce at age 55 is a hasbeen dinosaur whose day is done at age 55 yet Wagner is a young up comming manager at age 44.

So we are saying that a managerial career now spans 11 years i.e less than a player?  Get real. 

Bruce is significantly younger than many many managers currently managing top clubs and nations. His dinosaur football got Hull promoted last year. 

Wagner may indeed be the next big thing but he has had 44 matches managing a small club.  The law of probability means he is more likely to be a flash in the pan than the next Wenger. 

He has had zero time at a big club and yes lottery style is could be you but represents yet another gamble for me. 

Of course I will back him to the hilt if he arrives here but I want experience and track record. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

This thread makes me laugh.  Bruce at age 55 is a hasbeen dinosaur whose day is done at age 55 yet Wagner is a young up comming manager at age 44.

So we are saying that a managerial career now spans 11 years i.e less than a player?  Get real. 

Bruce is significantly younger than many many managers currently managing top clubs and nations. His dinosaur football got Hull promoted last year. 

Wagner may indeed be the next big thing but he has had 44 matches managing a small club.  The law of probability means he is more likely to be a flash in the pan than the next Wenger. 

He has had zero time at a big club and yes lottery style is could be you but represents yet another gamble for me. 

Of course I will back him to the hilt if he arrives here but I want experience and track record. 

I cannot recall anyone on this thread saying that Bruce's day is done. I am sure there are even older managers out there who are still going strong. Arsene Wenger himself is 66, and is not slowing down. Age has very little to do with it.

Edited by AJ

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Although Wagner is a gamble I think many believe he can really build something at the club over the long term. New culture and philosophy almost. Bruce is tried and tested at this level so would still be a great appointment I just feel not appointing Wagner now could be a missed opportunity. The man will move on to bigger and better things. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Although Wagner is a gamble I think many believe he can really build something at the club over the long term. New culture and philosophy almost. Bruce is tried and tested at this level so would still be a great appointment I just feel not appointing Wagner now could be a missed opportunity. The man will move on to bigger and better things. 

Stick yore new culture and philosophy where sun don't shine.

Winning a few games is enough. Football isn't a complicated game.