Next Villa Manager

Richard

12 minutes ago, av1 said:

As you have access to this site and therfore the tinter web, i trust that the news over the last couple of weeks hasn't been lost you? :trollface:

I'm not dismissing Sam due to his ability as a football manager, the guy is as bent as a ten bob note which may even result in a football ban. He is completely unemployable. 

not being pedantic....but I think you will find it was a nine bob note.........a ten bob note was quite legit.....used to get pissed on one, so i can remember, them were the days.:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

I agree really.....but what makes me laugh is .....He could be the one to stop this rot.

He's a past master at this.

However, I wouldn't have the balls to call it.

He is probably what we need. I really don't like the bloke at all but think he would be a great appointment

1 minute ago, TRO said:

not being pedantic....but I think you will find it was a nine bob note.........a ten bob note was quite legit.....used to get pissed on one, so i can remember.

Beer must have been considerably cheaper in the olden days :trollface:

I think the remit for finding a new manager should be that the name fits with Di Matteo's chant because that's the best manager song in a long time. With that in mind....  

Dr Tony went to Deutschland in a Honda Civic. 

He brought us back a manager Mr Ralphy Rangnick. 

Or go totally left field for Hope Powell.. 

Dr Tony went to London in a Morris Minor. 

He brought us back a manager who's got a vagina :D

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

The ridiculous Allardyce suggestions can stop now 

Could! I'm sure they'll do due dillegence on who ever we get but if everything is out already on big Sam there's nothing to stop him getting it. If Dyche has a clause match it then give him something to think about 

• Like 1

Just now, Farlz said:

The ridiculous Allardyce suggestions can stop now 

Hopefully. But he says could, not should or will. And it's on Twitter. Do you really think that'll stop anyone from suggesting Allardyce?

19 minutes ago, av1 said:

Beer must have been considerably cheaper in the olden days :trollface:

Way, way before my time, obviously, but when taverns allowed a customer to drink all day for tuppence, the sixpence coin contained enough silver to allow it to be easily bent, so it was nicknamed 'a bender'. Hence the expression 'going on a bender'.

Edited by TB
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

He didn't assemble that team though, Riley did. I'd definitely take Sherwood back. His record was miles above what anyone else has achieved recently. 

Every interview (although I'll admit to not having searched for long) I have seen of his he claims he had a stay in every signing they made. Also if rumours are to be believed, then Sherwood is the one that really wanted Richards, Gestede and Lescott who were our worst signings. Gana is a great player, Ayew was our best signing and Amavi looked great up to his injury. 

Edited by Chicken Field
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Clarke's interview is on the pitch in the next few games. 

I hope not. The advantage of this window is we'll get a new manager in before that. I'd not expect Clarke to have more than 1 game in charge of us. 

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Clarke's interview is on the pitch in the next few games. 

I really hope it's not, we need to appoint whoever it's going to be in this international break, Clarke should not get a sniff, he's involved in the shite we've put up with this season...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Every interview (although I'll admit to not having searched for long) I have seen of his he claims he had a stay in every signing they made. Also if rumours are to be believed, then Sherwood is the one that really wanted Richards, Gestede and Lescott who were our worst signings. Gana is a great player, Ayew was our best signing and Amavi looked great up to his injury. 

Agreed. He claimed he had followed some of the younger for years, and he had the final say in every signing. Then when things started to go tits up, he got busy washing his hands. The only reason I'd have him back for a single minute would be to watch him being sacked again the next minute. Possibly with tar and feathers present at the time.

• Like 2