Match Thread: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

It's alright having dangerous forwards, and at this level we now have 4, but we don't have any style of play or the right type of midfielders to actually get the ball to these strikers. How any manager could look at Bacuna and Westwood and seriously consider them first team material is beyond me. 

Just now, KSV said:

Why do we always have managers who pick the team based on how to stop other teams rather than focus on how to best them. Attacking Newcastle is the way to beat them. Sitting back? Wtf is that going to achieve. It's brainless.

We're approaching games like we have been promoted from league one rather than being a big club coming down from the premier league with a massive budget.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

You know what the most hilarious thing about this shite show? Their Clark marshaled defence couldn't look more comfortable, doesn't get any more damning than that.

The most disappointing thing about the half. I expect that if we can put them under pressure second half, their defence will look as bad as ours. Really disappointing that we have not done so already. If Gestede is fit I would get him on now and change formation. We are making it far too easy for them.

I'm firmly in the camp that it's too soon to sack the manager. Long season and all that.

However, if this is RDM''s plan, get him the **** out.

My brother is a Schalke fan and watches their games, some in stadium and all others on TV. He's said consistently RDM is negative and tactically inept. It's proving true right now.