Match Thread: Bristol City v Villa

limpid

I don't want Villa to be reliant on one person to get goals. That gets you no where. If we can get goals within the squad whilst McCormack isn't firing then that's a good thing. When he does get up to speed we'll have players confident in front of goal and then McCormack on top of that.

It's team game at the end of the day, and we're winning so who cares :D 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Yep,  I have still no trust in us to win when we have dominated but not put the game out of reach.  Even with the complete new defence we have lost points this season which has done nothing to help my confidence.

The goals will come. I can't remember which Twitter post it was I think it was a Newcastle based Twitter that was bashing Newcastle because Villa had created 48 chances this season already. We have already added 6 to that this game if that initial number is even close to accurate which I think it is, we had like 16 chances against Huddersfield alone.. That said you don't create 54-ish chances in 5 games without the goals eventually flying in. It's just frustrating right now because they're not going in, but they will.. I have hope. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'm getting flashbacks of the Huddersfield game with us not taking advantage of our first half dominance. Please not again Villa.

Not just the Huddersfield game...

• Like 1

Come on guys don't kid yourself 

You know whats going to happen were going to be 1 - 0 around 70 - 80 mins and shoot ourselves in the head as usual 

We have dominated yet again in the first half but did not take enough of our chances this has 1 - 1 written all over it

Edited by AshVilla

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Come on guys don't kid yourself 

You know whats going to happen were going to be 1 - 0 around 70 - 80 mins and shoot ourselves in the head as usual 

We have dominated yet again in the first half but did not take enough of our chances this has 1 - 1 written all over it

Stick your money on it, buy us all a drink with the winnings :D

Ayew shanks a shot from a difficult angle rather than square to McCormack in space. 

Ayew is really starting to piss me off, needs to be a lot more clinical and composed, especially at this level. End product is poor so far this season. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1