Nintendo Switch

Chindie

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I got it for £270 mate! That saved me £40 so thats great pal 😃

Cool. I picked 1 up with mario kart, mario odyssey and Luigi's mansion 3, and with discount it was 320.  Bargain really.

Now what's this Nintendo online subscription I've just found out about.  And the extension option that goes with it. What's it all about and which one do you guys have?

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Cool. I picked 1 up with mario kart, mario odyssey and Luigi's mansion 3, and with discount it was 320.  Bargain really.

Now what's this Nintendo online subscription I've just found out about.  And the extension option that goes with it. What's it all about and which one do you guys have?

Thats a great deal. Im abit annoyed as cant find my bloody box as was gonna sell to cex boxed my old one ffs.

16 hours ago, dubbs said:

We're just playing on the TV at the moment but looking forward to seeing the oled screen in action.

The OLED Switch is lovely. I've had mine for almost a year after debating for a while whether it was worth the upgrade. It was. I got a good price for my og Switch, which helped.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Rolta said:

The OLED Switch is lovely. I've had mine for almost a year after debating for a while whether it was worth the upgrade. It was. I got a good price for my og Switch, which helped.

Thanks. I ordered one from dubbs link as thats cheapest ive ever seen it. I tend to play mainly handheld so it will benefit me having the oled model.

Where did you sell your old one.  Ebay.?

Cant find the bloody box so im gonna have to lettle for just under £100 under cex it looks like 🙁

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks. I ordered one from dubbs link as thats cheapest ive ever seen it. I tend to play mainly handheld so it will benefit me having the oled model.

Where did you sell your old one.  Ebay.?

Cant find the bloody box so im gonna have to lettle for just under £100 under cex it looks like 🙁

It makes so much difference I think. At times I stop and appreciate how good it all looks. It's as much the fact it fills up the bezel as the OLED technology itself, but then the OLED's colours and blacks also obviously look fantastic. Some black and white games, like Hollow Knight, Undertale, look so good. The Switch itself is better quality too. It feels more premium.

I sold the old one to my brother, who got it for my niece, so I didn't have any of the selling hassle. It was last year just after the price drop. I saw how much they were going for on eBay and gave him that price. 

I'd just sell it on eBay myself as yeah CEX are a ripoff. But even then I'd get flashbacks to when I sold my Wii years ago and Royal Mail lost it and refused to pay me the compensation.

(I actually do have a spare box, but it'd cost a lot to send it from Spain. I could post it around Christmas time when I'm back.)

2 hours ago, Rolta said:

It makes so much difference I think. At times I stop and appreciate how good it all looks. It's as much the fact it fills up the bezel as the OLED technology itself, but then the OLED's colours and blacks also obviously look fantastic. Some black and white games, like Hollow Knight, Undertale, look so good. The Switch itself is better quality too. It feels more premium.

I sold the old one to my brother, who got it for my niece, so I didn't have any of the selling hassle. It was last year just after the price drop. I saw how much they were going for on eBay and gave him that price. 

I'd just sell it on eBay myself as yeah CEX are a ripoff. But even then I'd get flashbacks to when I sold my Wii years ago and Royal Mail lost it and refused to pay me the compensation.

(I actually do have a spare box, but it'd cost a lot to send it from Spain. I could post it around Christmas time when I'm back.)

The box you have is it for the blue and red or grey joy cons? As i bought it with the greys.

As for the OLED console im looking forward to it. Im sure some of the colourful games are going to look fantastic 

Wow, the new Pokémon game looks rough. Particularly bad when they've already released an open world Pokémon game this year that both looks and performs far better. Looks like the Pokémon Company has dropped the ball.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chindie said:

Wow, the new Pokémon game looks rough. Particularly bad when they've already released an open world Pokémon game this year that both looks and performs far better. Looks like the Pokémon Company has dropped the ball.

I haven't read any reviews and I'm only a couple of hours in, but yeah, it feels rushed and glitchy.

21 hours ago, Chindie said:

It's a shame because the gameplay appears to be the best in the series for a decade. Other companies you'd expect them to patch things as their reputation would be on the line but Nintendo are raking in the $$$ from this (never understand why people preorder games, it's so silly) so there's simply no incentive to fix this.

Just started Skyward Sword, really enjoying it, even though the control are a bit shite. Getting used to them, but they're clearly designed to make use of the hardware, rather than being actual fun to play. I just want to press 'B' to use my sword, tbh.

When you get your eye in with Skyward Sword, it's really quite good.

But you'll be left with the feeling it's not as good as it could be because of the controls. And it does feel a bit unusually chucked together for a Zelda title. It's not as cohesive as usually expected.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

When you get your eye in with Skyward Sword, it's really quite good.

But you'll be left with the feeling it's not as good as it could be because of the controls. And it does feel a bit unusually chucked together for a Zelda title. It's not as cohesive as usually expected.

Just at the end of the second dungeon, the Earth Temple. The controls for chucking a bomb are phenomenally dreadful, which is shit as the boss entirely depends on it. The other thing I don't like is the lack of a proper world to explore. It looks beautiful though, and the dungeons and puzzles are well put together with just the right amount of challenge.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Risso said:

Just at the end of the second dungeon, the Earth Temple. The controls for chucking a bomb are phenomenally dreadful, which is shit as the boss entirely depends on it. The other thing I don't like is the lack of a proper world to explore. It looks beautiful though, and the dungeons and puzzles are well put together with just the right amount of challenge.

The lack of a true overworld is the thing I meant mostly with the 'chucked together' criticism (together with another thing you'll find eventually). It's very odd to play a 3d Zelda where you don't really have an open world, even less so than Wind Waker.

And yes the controls are shite. It's hamstrung by it. The game is designed around motion controls and you can't really avoid them. The stick control is fine but you can tell it's a fudge to try to overcome the game being inherently a motion game.

Has fantastic dungeons though and it looks fairly nice, and it some of the better ideas for a Zelda game in recent memory. And a couple of the worst.

• Like 2

Â