Nintendo Switch

Chindie

On 15/10/2022 at 08:16, Risso said:

I've really got back into the game now, and forgot how massive it was for  a game on a 64 bit system. 

Apparently this is very common in games, but it blew my mind when I saw this. Nice insight into how they made games look bigger

• Like 1

Bought the 8bitdo pro 2 controller for my switch and I’m super impressed. It’s become my go to controller. I can set multiple profiles and also use it with other systems too.

£38. So far it feels like a bargain. 

On 22/10/2022 at 22:06, Risso said:

The bastard water temple though, jesus. There are just a few too many annoyances in the game tbh.

Overall Ocarina is a great time, but the Switch has been hurled across the room a couple of times.

1) Water temple - shit. Water levels are nornally dire anyway, but that dungeon is just horrendous.

2) Timed sequences - shit enough in most games, but doubly so when dodgy controls stop you completing them

3) Having to go back and do things time and time again. The sneaky bit in Gerudo, one wrong move and back you go. Rubbish.

On 28/10/2022 at 12:29, Dodgyknees said:

Bought the 8bitdo pro 2 controller for my switch and I’m super impressed. It’s become my go to controller. I can set multiple profiles and also use it with other systems too.

£38. So far it feels like a bargain. 

Honestly this controller is brilliant. Using it on Steam atm, change profile super easily and you can use an app to change button config, vibration levels and more.

Prefer this with GRID too. My pro controller may be redundant!

The d-pad is perfectly placed for 2d type platformers as well. 

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Has anyone traded in their switch bwfore for something else? Am thinking of trading mine in and getting a OLED version just not sure where best place to do it is.

Music magbie perhaps?

If you have a launch switch you can get decent money selling privately. Sold mine for more than the SWOLED cost me.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

The OLED is great. Games just look that little bit better, darks are true dark, looks gorgeous.

Sell privately and use Hotukdeals to find an OLED on sale 👍

Thanks mate Thing is it has a dodgy card reader slot where error message comes up so i would feel bad selking privately

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks mate Thing is it has a dodgy card reader slot where error message comes up so i would feel bad selking privately

If it's a launch Switch, it can be hacked which is attractive to some people, and those people wouldn't have as much use for the card reader anyway.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Was about to say what has been said about the hacking. Just make people aware in any sale. 

We should do GRID soon.

in other news.

Ive topped up my collection recently with Persona Royal and Friday 13th amongst others, and after the update I bought Ark and that seems much better.

Switch is my favourite console of all time. Think I have over 200 games. Never ever had so many for any other console. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Was about to say what has been said about the hacking. Just make people aware in any sale. 

We should do GRID soon.

in other news.

Ive topped up my collection recently with Persona Royal and Friday 13th amongst others, and after the update I bought Ark and that seems much better.

Switch is my favourite console of all time. Think I have over 200 games. Never ever had so many for any other console. 

Yea we definitely need to get online and play for sure. I played GRID briefly was the controls  were horrible! Ill have to give it a proper go but visually it looked great.

When you say you can hack the switch what can they do with it? 

Friday 13th was **** awful mate i took it back. Its like hide and seek very boring.

Have yo played steamworld dig? If not i would 100% recommend that top top game

On 05/11/2022 at 06:39, Demitri_C said:

Yea we definitely need to get online and play for sure. I played GRID briefly was the controls  were horrible! Ill have to give it a proper go but visually it looked great.

When you say you can hack the switch what can they do with it? 

Friday 13th was **** awful mate i took it back. Its like hide and seek very boring.

Have yo played steamworld dig? If not i would 100% recommend that top top game

You can play backups, change the theme, install emulators like retroarch etc.

• Thanks 1

Im finally at the end of luigis mansion 3. Have to say what a brilliant game this is.

Id recommend to anyone who hasnt got it get it. Id aay its as good as odyssey but probably not as hard. Its just more puzzles really

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â