Nintendo Switch

Chindie

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Wife got one of these free in the post with a new phone she's had.  We'll give it the kids for Xmas.

Had a quick look through this thread and looks like the Nintendo all-stars games are still the ones to go for?

Pretty much

Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Party, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Mario Maker 2 for the kids

Zelda BOTW for yourself (probably a bit too complicated for young kids imo but what do I know)

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Pretty much

Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Party, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Mario Maker 2 for the kids

Zelda BOTW for yourself (probably a bit too complicated for young kids imo but what do I know)

Oh and by the way when I said "for the kids" I didn't mean you wouldn't enjoy them too. They're all brilliant games (well I've not played Pokemon as I've never been a fan but my sister tells me it's great)

On 01/10/2020 at 07:50, lapal_fan said:

Wife got one of these free in the post with a new phone she's had.  We'll give it the kids for Xmas.

Had a quick look through this thread and looks like the Nintendo all-stars games are still the ones to go for?

Spyro and super luckys tale are great kiddie platformers

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Great game. Best ive finished is 4th. What aboyt you ?

I’ve got one win after about 15 games.

My minor complaint atm is that it’s repetitive playing the first world over and over again but when more players have unlocked more worlds it’ll be very challenging.

Currently unlocked up to 3-4. How about everyone else?

11 hours ago, Hornso said:

I’ve got one win after about 15 games.

My minor complaint atm is that it’s repetitive playing the first world over and over again but when more players have unlocked more worlds it’ll be very challenging.

Currently unlocked up to 3-4. How about everyone else?

Thats where i am up to. I thinm they slowly release more and more. The castle ones can get really hard. 

Would be great if they did thia for the snes one later. Its really good

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Super Mario 35 looks awesome. I need to get on that.

Looks a bit like Tetris 99 in terms of how you compete against other people and that game was surprisingly fun

I would definitely recomend it. Only thing misisng is that you cant play against friends which would be really fun

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 08/10/2020 at 19:22, Demitri_C said:

Thats where i am up to. I thinm they slowly release more and more. The castle ones can get really hard. 

Would be great if they did thia for the snes one later. Its really good

I would definitely recomend it. Only thing misisng is that you cant play against friends which would be really fun

The other mode (name escapes me) is now open and can get out of hand very quickly. Difficult and great fun.

Anyone grab the mario allstars? Im playing 64 and i cant believe they didnt bother to fix the dodgy camera on the game.

Nintendo really be lazy arses what a opportunity missed to make a shit load of money. If they sorted that and HD the graphics like odyssey they would have been on a good mind

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone grab the mario allstars? Im playing 64 and i cant believe they didnt bother to fix the dodgy camera on the game.

Nintendo really be lazy arses what a opportunity missed to make a shit load of money. If they sorted that and HD the graphics like odyssey they would have been on a good mind

Yeah I was thinking the same, still, it’s fun to play but it does show Nintendo for what they are.

4 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Yeah I was thinking the same, still, it’s fun to play but it does show Nintendo for what they are.

It is still a classic and my favourite Nintendo mario game. But this missed the boat big time. Agree with your last line.

Think nintendo are going to end up like sega eventually if they dont be careful. If it wasnt fir them being the best at hand held they woukd be ruined by now by xbox and ps

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

It is still a classic and my favourite Nintendo mario game. But this missed the boat big time. Agree with your last line.

Think nintendo are going to end up like sega eventually if they dont be careful. If it wasnt fir them being the best at hand held they woukd be ruined by now by xbox and ps

They should have done a proper remaster but they wanted a quick money making tool and that’s what they did.

Its a shame because they can be really good and come up with great ideas and other times they go for the lazy cash grab.

On 16/10/2020 at 09:19, Demitri_C said:

In all fairness they’ve been saying that about Nintendo for the last 30 years. The success of the switch I would imagine will keep them in the console game for at least another 2 to 3 generations. Love or hate them they have been the most innovative Of all the players then and now

After you hit about 50 stars on mario 64 thats when you realise how dreadful the camera angle is on that game. 

Its so bad. Then the game gets really frustrating when you go high and the angle kills you and you haveto start right from the beginning again

• Like 1

Â