Nintendo Switch

Chindie

18 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Still nothing. Found another e-mail for customer service and just had a generic e-mail back saying they were busy and orders will be shipped as they get to them, it should be within 3 days of order. Which mine is over and is still showing as unshipped. It's shoddy and I'll not use them again.

I'd order another one from somewhere else but can't afford too and even if I could, I can't find a way to cancel the order on the website or get a refund without.. yup, contacting customer service.

Did you pay by credit card? Maybe try gwt your money back via that way?

21 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Debit.

I've had a despatch e-mail now but no tracking number, so don't know if it is just another 'stage' to appease people who've ordered or if it has actually been sent.

Good luck mate. Im sure its coming its just a frustrating process waiting.

On 07/12/2020 at 12:11, Dante_Lockhart said:

GAME are wank aren't they?

I ordered a Switch Lite last week on a next day DPD delivery. This was mid afternoon Wednesday. Apparently all orders on a next day ordered before 4pm will be despatched same day. Mine is still showing unshipped.

Gamehelp on Twitter don't respond to DMs. The head office phone line is closed. Ive had no responses to my tickets I've raised via the website. I've found the CEOs e-mail address on google so I've sent him a message. >_>

Twitter is full of people in the same boat. Money come out, no delivery, no contact from anyone.

Useless bastards. I ordered Mario Kart as a gift last year, delivered to store, didn’t turn up, told to wait two weeks, nothing, phoned them and was told to wait 4 weeks and I kicked off, bought another on Amazon and called them constantly, after 4 weeks they let me have a refund.

Havent shopped there since.

@avfcDJ Definitely. I'm not shopping there again either. I understand that its more difficult at the moment with the whole 'pandemic' thing, but you can only excuse it for so long. If you're struggling that much and are that behind either get more people back in off furlough, make changes to the way you're doing things or simply put something on the website in black and white that orders are taking longer to process!

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

@avfcDJ Definitely. I'm not shopping there again either. I understand that its more difficult at the moment with the whole 'pandemic' thing, but you can only excuse it for so long. If you're struggling that much and are that behind either get more people back in off furlough, make changes to the way you're doing things or simply put something on the website in black and white that orders are taking longer to process!

Mine was pre COVID, so I don’t think this is anything unusual. Awful company.

Question for you all.

Last year I bought a PS4 and worked my way through all of the PS4 exclusives that I had missed out on having owned the Xbox One since launch.

Now I have finished with the PS4 I am thinking of selling it and getting a second hand Nintendo Switch to play through some of the best games on there.

Would it be worth it? I'm not sure how good some of the best games are in comparison to the other consoles.

Any games that are recommended? I only really have Breath of the Wild in mind so far.

4 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Question for you all.

Last year I bought a PS4 and worked my way through all of the PS4 exclusives that I had missed out on having owned the Xbox One since launch.

Now I have finished with the PS4 I am thinking of selling it and getting a second hand Nintendo Switch to play through some of the best games on there.

Would it be worth it? I'm not sure how good some of the best games are in comparison to the other consoles.

Any games that are recommended? I only really have Breath of the Wild in mind so far.

Yes

Odyssey is another classic to give a go. 

Luigis Mansion is also great.

There are also other games which are multi platform which are great, such as AER and This War of Mine.

• Like 1

I’ve only ever owned Nintendo consoles and the Switch is the least impressive IMO. It certainly wasn’t worth the money and it’s got the shortest list of killer titles. I had loads of games for my SNES, N64, GameCube and, to a lesser extent, Wii but very few for the Switch. The library seems disproportionately filled out with remasters.

As a Zelda-obsessive, I bought it primarily for BotW, which is obviously great, but far from my favourite Zelda - I’ve played through twice and doubt I’ll be bothered to do so again. I enjoyed Odyssey but it’s the weakest 3D Mario game in my, admittedly uncommon, opinion. Mario Kart is brilliant, though.

There’s nothing else that really appeals to me. The only other games I’ve bought have been remasters of classics that I missed first time around (Okami, RE4). It really misses a Metroid Prime or similar (although I’m aware one is on the way) and decent third-party support.

To be fair, I might be out of touch as I hadn’t played games in 8 years before buying a Switch at the start of lockdown.

I’m looking for an action/adventure game to play over Christmas but I’m struggling to find anything of any substance that jumps out at me. Seem spoilt for choice on PS4. The ‘kids console’ criticism of Nintendo used to annoy me but there might actually be something to it this generation with the countless Lego games etc.

• Like 2

On the contrary, imo BOTW is the best Zelda game ever. In fact I rate it as the best game I’ve ever played. 

The Switch is worth it just for that. 

Other than that Mario Odyssey, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Mario Maker 2, smash bros, Mario kart 8, pokemon, animal crossing are all good exclusives. 

I’d only rate Skyward Sword below it. I mean, it’s Zelda so it’s brilliant and it’s still one of my favourite games of all time but it lacks genuine highlights and is a bit of a slog at times. It’s obviously painstakingly created but it sometimes feels massive for the sake of it and there are still bits that feel rushed. The divine beasts are crap and it badly misses dungeons. Bosses and shrines are repetitive and ridiculously easy.

I grew up playing Zelda so I’m being ultra-critical. I still enjoyed it enough to agree that it was worth getting the Switch for, though and it’s the reason I won’t sell it. The combat is the incredible. I’ve loved hunting Lynels and Guardians. The sequel has the potential to be the best ever IMO. 

I got Animal Crossing for my daughter (and to support the pretence that I bought the Switch ‘for the family’) but I can’t really get into it. 

Is Luigi’s Mansion worth a look, then?

4 hours ago, JB said:

I’d only rate Skyward Sword below it. I mean, it’s Zelda so it’s brilliant and it’s still one of my favourite games of all time but it lacks genuine highlights and is a bit of a slog at times. It’s obviously painstakingly created but it sometimes feels massive for the sake of it and there are still bits that feel rushed. The divine beasts are crap and it badly misses dungeons. Bosses and shrines are repetitive and ridiculously easy.

I grew up playing Zelda so I’m being ultra-critical. I still enjoyed it enough to agree that it was worth getting the Switch for, though and it’s the reason I won’t sell it. The combat is the incredible. I’ve loved hunting Lynels and Guardians. The sequel has the potential to be the best ever IMO. 

I got Animal Crossing for my daughter (and to support the pretence that I bought the Switch ‘for the family’) but I can’t really get into it. 

Is Luigi’s Mansion worth a look, then?

Needless to say I disagree completely about BOTW. It's almost perfect. Different from the usual Zelda formula but all the better for it. I never thought OoT would be topped but BOTW did it for me.

Animal Crossing is fun but it's not for everyone. The lack of there being a real end game bored me after a while and I never went back.

Luigi's mansion is good. Bit of a slog at first while you get used to it but it's very good overall

Doesn't seem to have as many first party killers like previous consoles for some reason, but that could just be perception. A lot of ports of Wii U games. There's no DK game, no Metroid game, no main 2D Kirby game, don't think there's a Wario game, even the Mario Kart game is a port of the Wii U one. 

On 13/12/2020 at 18:04, Stevo985 said:

On the contrary, imo BOTW is the best Zelda game ever. In fact I rate it as the best game I’ve ever played. 

The Switch is worth it just for that. 

Other than that Mario Odyssey, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Mario Maker 2, smash bros, Mario kart 8, pokemon, animal crossing are all good exclusives. 

I'd add Splatoon 2 to that list. Not so much for the offline single player, but the online battles are great 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AXD said:

I'd add Splatoon 2 to that list. Not so much for the offline single player, but the online battles are great 

They are. I havent played it ages but i was hooked at one point.

Might get back on it soon such a great game online

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

They are. I havent played it ages but i was hooked at one point.

Might get back on it soon such a great game online

I started playing again last week and I am hooked again 🙂

Finally completed BOTW today, I bought the expansion after I'd completed the main story which was a bit stupid. Really enjoyed it and probably one of my favourite ever games, although have to say I found the bosses to be a bit too easy.

Just bought Hades as it's 20% off on the estore at the moment, really looking forward to getting stuck in to it.

• Like 1

Â