Nintendo Switch

Chindie

A small thing that annoys me about the switch - after buying a second set of joycons, I've found there are two player games that still only allow you to use a joycon each and not a full controller. Seems a bit daft.

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

A small thing that annoys me about the switch - after buying a second set of joycons, I've found there are two player games that still only allow you to use a joycon each and not a full controller. Seems a bit daft.

I'm looking at getting another set of joycons, do you get another 'grip' included with them? 

8 minutes ago, Nath182 said:

I'm looking at getting another set of joycons, do you get another 'grip' included with them? 

You don't, unfortunately.

I think you can get 3rd party ones for pretty cheap on amazon, but I'm a bit of a snob with things like that so I wanted an official ninty one. However, the only official one I could find is the charging grip for £24.99. It's useful, but essentially that means you're spending nearly £100 just to have one 'normal' controller.

Looks like amazon is pretty low on stock for switch accessories at the moment too.

Sorry, that was a long answer!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Yss this is really annoyjng i must admit

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

You don't, unfortunately.

I think you can get 3rd party ones for pretty cheap on amazon, but I'm a bit of a snob with things like that so I wanted an official ninty one. However, the only official one I could find is the charging grip for £24.99. It's useful, but essentially that means you're spending nearly £100 just to have one 'normal' controller.

Looks like amazon is pretty low on stock for switch accessories at the moment too.

Sorry, that was a long answer!

The accessories for the Switch have always been ridiculously expensive.

And yeah switch stock has been really low all of lockdown. I've got a friend who has been trying to get a Switch for weeks and can't find one

• Like 1

On 09/06/2020 at 19:46, Stevo985 said:

The accessories for the Switch have always been ridiculously expensive.

And yeah switch stock has been really low all of lockdown. I've got a friend who has been trying to get a Switch for weeks and can't find one

If you had a switch now and dont rwally play it you could make a handsome little profit as they seem to be very out of stock most places.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Question what size memory carda does everyone have for their switches?

I got a 200GB one before we went into lockdown in preparation :D 

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I got a 200GB one before we went into lockdown in preparation :D 

I used up mine had to order a 256 one came yesterday.  Need to tidy it up and move some of the not so great games that i dont play that often onto this one 

Just hope i dont corrupt it 

• 1 month later...

I think I might get rid of mine soon and put the cash towards my PS5.

It's a cracking piece of kit, but I just dont play it. The PS4 still gets all my game time.

At least they hold their value pretty well so I should recoup a fair amount.

On 28/07/2020 at 12:02, Designer1 said:

I think I might get rid of mine soon and put the cash towards my PS5.

It's a cracking piece of kit, but I just dont play it. The PS4 still gets all my game time.

At least they hold their value pretty well so I should recoup a fair amount.

I think switch is good if you like handheld. I rarely play mine off the tv

• 2 weeks later...

I originally bought the Switch Lite a few months ago just as lockdown started.

Now that the full size V2s are readily available again I've finally ordered one, so will be selling the Lite.

Excited to enjoy Zelda on the big screen :D

Edited by Chap of Steel
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chap of Steel said:

I originally bought the Switch Lite a few months ago just as lockdown started.

Now that the full size V2s are readily available again I've finally ordered one, so will be selling the Lite.

Excited to enjoy Zelda on the big screen :D

How amazing is Zelda? Dread to think how much time I've ploughed into it so far...

1 hour ago, Chap of Steel said:

The problem was I'd play it on my Lite and while it looked great, I felt I couldn't truly appreciate it on the smaller screen!

I dont like the lites personally. As you saY really small screen and just feels like a quality switch

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/04/2020 at 12:39, Chindie said:

An All Stars 2 is an excellent idea. More work needed than might be immediately obvious though - I don't think they can justify just porting 64, that needs a full remake, Sunshine is dog dirt but just needs a control tweak, Galaxy could do with the motion controls optioned out, 3D World should be ok. If they did 3D Land, which is a really good game, that'll need a tweak as it has puzzles designed for 3D play.

With this being Nintendo, what they'll actually do is release each as a full price game with absolute minimum work. 64 will get a half arsed remaster, they'll port Sunshine straight, and Galaxy will be a port of the Android Chinese release, and they'll ignore 3D Land.

Bang on.

:crylaugh:

:(

• Haha 1

Â