Nintendo Switch

Chindie

With the Super Mario 64 source code leak, there are already PC ports that run at 1080p (up to 4k actually) and have full widescreen support, and Nintendo couldn't even match that, let alone the 60 fps and other bells and whistles like new textures :lol:

Edited by Keyblade

They just can't be bothered.

It's true Nintendo. Do the absolute minimum. They've absolutely **** all on this. They've tweaked the games to work on wide-screen formats and done resolution boosts, and that's it. Even the Galaxy port is almost certainly them just punting across the Chinese Android port.

Not doing anything more to 64 is absurd. And making it a limited run is blatantly classic Nintendo artificial scarcity tactics followed by selling them individually digitally only in 6 months.

It's very easy to dislike Nintendo at times.

19 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's true Nintendo. Do the absolute minimum. They've absolutely **** all on this. They've tweaked the games to work on wide-screen formats and done resolution boosts, and that's it. Even the Galaxy port is almost certainly them just punting across the Chinese Android port.

Not doing anything more to 64 is absurd. And making it a limited run is blatantly classic Nintendo artificial scarcity tactics followed by selling them individually digitally only in 6 months.

This, it shouldn’t but it pisses me off the amount of people lapping this up and some even claiming it’s a bargain. 

It’s a lazy cash grab and if it was any other company they’d be slated to high heaven.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

With the Super Mario 64 source code leak, there are already PC ports that run at 1080p (up to 4k actually) and have full widescreen support, and Nintendo couldn't even match that, let alone the 60 fps and other bells and whistles like new textures :lol:

Exactly its so bloody lame and lazy from them. Just did the mario all stars in the snes they have def upgraded the graphics for that. Its really good.

53 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Cant agree more with this.  Its a complete shit show

43 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah, won't buy that on principle. I have all those games on their original consoles. 

By the way, what is the Chinese Android version? In the words of Katt Williams, that don't even sound attractive.

Mario Galaxy was ported to the Nvidia Shield s could of years ago, but in China only. It was inevitable that that would lead to a Switch vision as the hardware on each is pretty similar, making a port easy.

• Like 1

Sunshine is one of the worst Mario games ever made. It's arguably the least polished game Nintendo have released in their major franchises.

I've never put much time into Galaxy (never had it on the Wii, and the Wii is the least liked console they've made in my book) so the thing is basically Galaxy 'remastered' with some curiosities attached for me.

I agree sunshine wasnt the best. Clunky controls and a god awful camera angle at times. Not my favourite. 

Mario 64 without a doubt the best. Galaxy also a good game. I just git it feom Amazon even though £6 more than base and simply games 

I remember thinking that Sunshine was fantastic. Galaxy is wonderful but 2 was even better. Possibly my favourite non-Zelda game of all time. 

Controversial opinion but Odyssey is by the far the least impressive of the 3D Mario games. 

7 hours ago, JB said:

I remember thinking that Sunshine was fantastic. Galaxy is wonderful but 2 was even better. Possibly my favourite non-Zelda game of all time. 

Controversial opinion but Odyssey is by the far the least impressive of the 3D Mario games. 

I would say odyssey is my second favourite behind Mario 64.

I was going to buy a switch when I heard they were remastering the Mario games, especially Mario 64, but I definitely won't now, its the laziest way they could have done it and a total cash grab. 

The best (and legal) way to play Nintendo games is via emulators. You wouldn't believe how good BOTW looks on Cemu, 4K, 60+fps, it's like a new game. I guess I'll stick to playing Galaxy on the Dolphin emulator now. I still need to check out the Pc remake of 64!

Odyssey was great but overrated IMO.

My main issue with it was how it was largely more exploration than achievement based. I got a bit bored at times just crawling levels for stars hidden behind a rock or something. It got repetitive and there wasn’t a great deal of really brilliant platforming compared to other Mario games. It didn’t feel quite as epic or fun. 

As I say, still a very good game but both Galaxies were much better.

Â