Nantes match thread

mikeyp102

I know it's a friendly and you shouldn't take much out of them performance wise. But as an exception... Gestede...

If he wants to be in our starting line up in a few weeks he is going to have to seriously improve. I think he lost the ball every time he touched it that half, not to mention he seemed to be half asleep for most of the half.

Everyone else seems to be putting an effort in, especially the likes of Ayew, Gana, Hutton and... Bacuna as much as he is enemy number one right now.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Well, that's been uninspiring - no presence up front and lightweight in midfield. New keeper looks solid enough, but we don't look like a team that are going to be worrying Sheffield Wednesday in a couple of weeks. There is a LOT of work to do here.

Yep very poor. 

I also question whether having Ayew spend a lot of his time running the left hand channel is a best use of his qualities. The shape is very poor. Perhaps overreacting here but I can see us getting done comprehensively by Wednesday who will be well up for hosting a side like us on the first day of the season.

Groundhog day. Very worrying how familiar it was to last season but no surprise given the personnel is pretty much the same. It is not rocket science is it.

Edited by markavfc40

Firstly it's a run out for the boys.

i honestly think Gestede can be effective for us but only when the ilk of Amavi, Traore, Grealish, Bennet, Green are playing (non of which are on the pitch). 

Just now, GNeeUs said:

Firstly it's a run out for the boys.

i honestly think Gestede can be effective for us but only when the ilk of Amavi, Traore, Grealish, Bennet, Green are playing (non of which are on the pitch). 

It's quite clear to me that he's incapable of leading the line. He's just too slow, cumbersome and poor at holding the ball up. I can perhaps see a case for him to be a plan B if we're chasing a game as his aerial presence would help under that circumstance but otherwise I just think he's too limited.

Â