Nantes match thread

mikeyp102

Not 100% sure to be honest, there was a gate behind the goal which a couple of blokes pissed up were climbing over and trying to open etc I then went to the toilet, came back and we'd been tear gassed out of nowhere, I saw the gas before I saw the police, a fair few villa fans were going tits at the cops but 4/5 of us were stood in front telling them how pointless that was, got outside and there were loads of coppers, walked up to a woman who looked like a journo and said what's happened and she pepper sprayed me! Copper then came over and sprayed me again!

heard this morning from a couple of fans who said they'd seen some Nantes boys try and get in our end and that's what started it but I missed that, it must have escalated in the space of about 5 minutes

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not 100% sure to be honest, there was a gate behind the goal which a couple of blokes pissed up were climbing over and trying to open etc I then went to the toilet, came back and we'd been tear gassed out of nowhere, I saw the gas before I saw the police, a fair few villa fans were going tits at the cops but 4/5 of us were stood in front telling them how pointless that was, got outside and there were loads of coppers, walked up to a woman who looked like a journo and said what's happened and she pepper sprayed me! Copper then came over and sprayed me again!

heard this morning from a couple of fans who said they'd seen some Nantes boys try and get in our end and that's what started it but I missed that, it must have escalated in the space of about 5 minutes

Blimey. gutting when things go tits up....

pieced a bit of it together from various facebook photos ive seen

there was a ramp behind the goal, villa fans had a wheelchair, there was a bit of sitting in the wheelchair going down the ramp in to the gate, pissed up irresponsibility basically, bloke tried to get on the pitch, they put some stewards in front of the gate to stop the antics, couple of villa fans got a bit agressive with them, other villa fans more or less contained it...thats when i said **** this and went for a piss, came back to this - 

13692512_981549258609559_201469078529834

to which of course there were a fair few very angry fans, again fair bit of other villa fans trying to contain it too, got outside the ground and there were loads more, sprayed us all again

i think a few villa fans inside the ground are trying to say we were pissed up being idiots and did it to ourselves, but here's the bit they dont want you to see 

13620342_982067695224382_833988562125461

thats not a gang of villa fans stood on the right...

the man in the top pic spraying us is a good 200 metres away from that trouble, it was nowhere near the fans that the police targeted

trouble outside the ground because nantes fans came looking for a fight and the police reacted by pepper spraying fans stood behind the goal...utter madness, my face is covered in blisters this morning

Â