Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

It's insane that we only have one win from 6. 

We've been easily the better team in 5 out of the 6 games overall (even allowing for the second half drop offs), created enough chances to win 10 games and looked good at the back. 

We need to give Brentford a good hiding and get going. When they click our first XI will be unstoppable. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

It's insane that we only have one win from 6. 

We've been easily the better team in 5 out of the 6 games overall (even allowing for the second half drop offs), created enough chances to win 10 games and looked good at the back. 

We need to give Brentford a good hiding and get going. When they click our first XI will be unstoppable. 

Exactly. If the performances had been poor I would be very worried but it hasn't been the case.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Not sure Garde could really be called tactically inept.

To be honest, I think it's hard to assess him. Yeah results were poor under him but they were also just as bad both before and after him that season. He's held up by many on here as some sort of awful manager and I really don't think it's justified given the obvious state the club was/is in.

I don't think he was. I don't actually think Lambert was either. I just mentioned all Villa managers since to some fans its seems every manager at the club doesn't actually know how to manage.

• Like 4

Yep, perhaps a tactical error today in not bringing on Jedinak as soon as we scored the second goal, but he was getting ready to come on just before they scored their equaliser. Right idea, but failed to react quick enough. It's something that he will learn from. I'm more than happy with how we're playing football, creating so many chances and not getting any luck at all. Calls for him to be sacked are quite ludicrous IMO. 

• Like 3

Not sure what more RDM can do, he's assemble a good team on paper, they still need at least another month together to start gelling, we have dominated nearly all our games, peppered the opposing teams goal, there's literally not much more he can do, a few goal keeping errors cost us some points but that will happen to all teams.

I've been really encouraged and impressed by what he is doing, if it doesn't click in the next 5 games then fine ok, then we can start getting agitated, but for now, support him and the team, I think those who are complaining will be eating your words soon. 

• Like 3

I would be very concerned if Xia even considered sacking RDM at this early stage. 

Our club has been poisonous for the last 5-6 years and we badly need some stability in this moment in time. 

Now although the results haven't been as we would have all liked, this is a brand new team with most only playing 4 games together, plus our football is already a hundred times better than anything we played last season and we have outplayed 4/5 of the 6 teams we played in the league.

I have no doubt at all that the results will come very soon and I will feel a bit sorry for the team it does click against.

Now Xia is saying that being unlucky can't be used as an excuse, but today we were unlucky we could have easily had 4 goals at least today and I hope Xia realises that football isn't always cut and dry. However football is about results. 

I have to admit though, for the first time in years I am really enjoying watching the Villa. 

• Like 1

Dont think we will get promoted if we cant see these teams off. Forest really had their best player out yet we failed to win.

No excuses should have won this one, i am getting abit irritated. Same mistakes over and over at a much lower level

• Like 1

I don't understand why he's getting stick for not bringing on another central midfielder. Their goal came from a free kick down our left and an outstanding individual run. Having 2 central midfielders doesn't prevent that. 

............So,Bristol city was not just a one off.

RDM needs to illustrate to us that he has an understanding of the physical side of the game.

.....at present I am not convinced of that.

our standing off was shocking, and furthermore was instrumental in them getting back in to the game.

It needs addressing,immediately. 

31 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't understand why he's getting stick for not bringing on another central midfielder. Their goal came from a free kick down our left and an outstanding individual run. Having 2 central midfielders doesn't prevent that. 

OMG do you watch the game at all......That outstanding run as you call it was carried out unsupervised by any of our players in close attendance, they just stood by an watched him.....it was appalling.

and furthermore my friend, if we carry on like this despite the technically pleasing aspects of our play.....We will be in deep,deep shit.

Edited by TRO

Until we embrace the physical side of the game......This team is in big trouble.

We can change all the players ten times over....but unless we change the attitude ,it will remain the same.

For what i have seen today and on the back of the Bristol game...... I see major problems.

It needs a massive shift on approach.

18 minutes ago, TRO said:

OMG do you watch the game at all......That outstanding run as you call it was carried out unsupervised by any of our players in close attendance, they just stood by an watched him.....it was appalling.

and furthermore my friend, if we carry on like this despite the technically pleasing aspects of our play.....We will be in deep,deep shit.

But that's a player issue rather than having 2 central midfielders there? Westwood should've affected the run - he still should have affected the run if he was alongside someone else. 

Edited by bobzy

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Until we embrace the physical side of the game......This team is in big trouble.

We can change all the players ten times over....but unless we change the attitude ,it will remain the same.

For what i have seen today and on the back of the Bristol game...... I see major problems.

It needs a massive shift on approach.

You're comparing this game, where we drew 2-2 and dominated all 90 minutes creating chances well into double figures, with the game at Bristol City where we dominated half the game and wound up losing. I'm not sure why.

Yeah, we need some steel in midfield and the two midfielders who were brought in to provide that were out injured. Not much you can do about that. We also need some confidence. That will come by getting the next win which will happen as long as we keep playing like we did today. There are worse teams than Forest in this league, after all.

Lastly, even the first new players we brought in have only been here a couple of months and the last few have barely been here a couple of weeks. The international break meant many went off to play for their countries meaning limited training as a team and gelling.

We played well today, were desperately unlucky and a couple of mistakes cost us as they have done a number of times this season. The team will gel and the goals will come. I'm not sure the mistakes will cease but fingers crossed they do. The only thing I think RDM should have done is get an experienced keeper. If there's no decent option for a loan (I'd be amazed if there wasn't) then we could do worse than get Mark Schwarzer in short-term.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ginko said:

You're comparing this game, where we drew 2-2 and dominated all 90 minutes creating chances well into double figures, with the game at Bristol City where we dominated half the game and wound up losing. I'm not sure why.

Yeah, we need some steel in midfield and the two midfielders who were brought in to provide that were out injured. Not much you can do about that. We also need some confidence. That will come by getting the next win which will happen as long as we keep playing like we did today. There are worse teams than Forest in this league, after all.

Lastly, even the first new players we brought in have only been here a couple of months and the last few have barely been here a couple of weeks. The international break meant many went off to play for their countries meaning limited training as a team and gelling.

We played well today, were desperately unlucky and a couple of mistakes cost us as they have done a number of times this season. The team will gel and the goals will come. I'm not sure the mistakes will cease but fingers crossed they do. The only thing I think RDM should have done is get an experienced keeper. If there's no decent option for a loan (I'd be amazed if there wasn't) then we could do worse than get Mark Schwarzer in short-term.

I cannot tell you how to watch a game....but in terms of playing well, that is an opinion......., on the eye, I may concede, in terms of  the mechanics of winning a game, i have grave doubts.

I understand all the mitigating circumstances, but I am dealing in observations as opposed to criticisms .

I seen grave instances of "standing off" ...we had many instances of bad luck by hitting the woodwork, but 2 goals at home is good enough to win a game.

We are benevolent,.......benevolent beyond belief and make no mistake here, it will crucify our season, if we continue it.

......Do i think we will rectify this.......not a chance in the world, because i don't believe enough folk can see it.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

......Do i think we will rectify this.......not a chance in the world, because i don't believe enough folk can see it.

That's that then. Get RDM out and TRO in. It's that simple.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

That's that then. Get RDM out and TRO in. It's that simple.

Not in a million years.....but I will say this and you can come back and haunt me.

If we don't get this physical contact side of the game right we will end ip on our arses.

It was only when Gestede came on we looked to improve it........all the players have to contribute to this.....not just him.

Â