Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 minute ago, Risso said:

Anfield still is, not sure what your point is.

I think I made my point. Wholesale redevelopment of an area changes its character. 

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I guess the nearest sites that would be big enough have access to motorways and the road network would be sort of Coleshill way or maybe somewhere around Bassetts Pole?

Doesn’t Hs2 go through Coleshill ? 

image.thumb.jpeg.47ce8e0381538b85c3f32c332f2746f2.jpeg

Somewhere in the highlighted area. In between two stations (Aston & Witton). If the club and partners acquired all the land. This site is around 80 acres so you could build a new Men's and Women's stadium plus other assets. Perhaps adding another train stop near the spaghetti junction in the right corner.

Edited by Villa_Vids
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Somewhere in the highlighted area. In between two stations (Aston & Witton). If the club and partners acquired all the land, it is around 80 acres to build a new Men's and Women's stadium plus other assets. Perhaps adding another train stop near the spaghetti junction in the right corner.

Jesus, are we building an airport?!

All that is needed is the houses behind Witton. With that, we could build a 100k seater. 

We don't have to, and we won't, but that is enough space for expansion, hotels, bars, and whatever else they might desire. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

Jesus, are we building an airport?!

All that is needed is the houses behind Witton. With that, we could build a 100k seater. 

We don't have to, and we won't, but that is enough space for expansion, hotels, bars, and whatever else they might desire. 

It would re-generate the area imo. Citeh own 200 acres 🤣

17 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Somewhere in the highlighted area. In between two stations (Aston & Witton). If the club and partners acquired all the land, it is around 80 acres to build a new Men's and Women's stadium plus other assets. Perhaps adding another train stop near the spaghetti junction in the right corner.

Aren't most of those buildings factories, warehouses etc? ie, the buildings of viable businesses? How much is it going to cost to buy a dozen or more businesses?

33 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Aren't most of those buildings factories, warehouses etc? ie, the buildings of viable businesses? How much is it going to cost to buy a dozen or more businesses?

As unlikely it is to happen, surely they wouldn't buy the businesses but pay for relocation costs and any temporary loss of business compensation.

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think moving will be very difficult - land in the city for a project this size isn't easy to come by and we'll struggle to get a site any nearer to the city centre. I'd hate to see out toward Bodymoor and we can't really move to Wast Hills or Sandwell so our options would be really limited - I don't see a better option than buying up some big chunks of the land around the ground and rebuilding where we are. It might be just as effective to change Aston as move to somewhere else.

Back in the deadly doug era there was talk about us building a stadium somewhere near the NEC. I wonder if that's an option now?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, allani said:

And more importantly - Dave from next door isn't just Dave from next door.  Dave's also widely regarded as one of the best in the business at what he does.  It's a bit like living next door to Bill and asking him if he can help you with a little MS Excel issue you are having...

Have you got Dave's number? I have some guttering and loose tiles that need replacing.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Don't know but that is a fair point. Depends who owns it? I remember Arsenal relocating a rubbish processing plant to a site nearby to build the emirates. Arsenal are very similar to us -  as their re-development of Highbury didn't go ahead and they moved to a site close to Highbury. Arsenal had to tackle with transport issues and upgrading stations.

Surely you would get more community support for flattening tired industrial buildings, rather than bull dozing rows of houses. I don't think we would need all that land for a stadium too, we may need more land for Atairos/Comcast for their possible ventures within any new or existing site.

Edited by Villa_Vids

47 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Back in the deadly doug era there was talk about us building a stadium somewhere near the NEC. I wonder if that's an option now?

No its not. That was the potential ground share and national stadium nonsense.

We aren't moving anywhere but if we ever did, ot wouldn't be there. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

We could re-locate them to the old villa park ground

14 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

The two go together no? Stadium will increase revenues and with new PL rules our revenues will be directly correlated to supporting Emery's team with the cap of 70% revenue to wages. 

Yes, but there's different ways of increasing revenue. Increase stadium capacity via a move or expansion of Villa Park to get more fans paying, let's say £50 each, or keep demand exceeding supply and charging say £70 for those fortunate enough to get inside an undeveloped and undersized Villa Park.

If the previous Villa crest/badge consultations and subsequent result are anything to go by, I'm expecting the new stadium location to be an average of our fans' home position. Unfortunately our sizeable support in New York and the rest of the US is likely to skew the result to somewhere just off the coast of Cornwall.

11 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

What should the new stadium be called?

The John McGinn Truffledome sponsored by Roast Potatoes.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, brand new factories and warehouses in fact, constructed at huge cost. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

Surely you would get more community support for flattening tired industrial buildings, rather than bull dozing rows of houses. I don't think we would need all that land for a stadium too, we may need more land for Atairos/Comcast for their possible ventures within any new or existing site.

Those houses will be bulldozed sooner rather than later. Ancient single skin inefficient cramped housing. Net zero targets will see them swept away in the near future regardless. 

Much of the UKs housing stock (oldest and most inefficient in Europe) will need redevelopment. 

If we get sell outs v Chelsea and Liverpool which is pretty much certain our average attendance will go above 42k. We’ve not managed that being back in the premier league again. Heck is talking bullshit .

13 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

If we get sell outs v Chelsea and Liverpool which is pretty much certain our average attendance will go above 42k. We’ve not managed that being back in the premier league again. Heck is talking bullshit .

Empty seat, m'lord, empty seat.

Â