Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

I'd say it looks like new stadium more than it looks otherwise.

Well seeing what Comcast has done with the Sixers stadium, Eden's with the Bucks and cancelling the planned Villa Park upgrade, it might just be.

As much as some won't like it, we need to move on from Villa Park if we want to compete at the top level. Aston probably isn't the best location for a multi use commercial stadium, while expansion is also restricted because of the surrounding housing.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

It seems like the next phase is beginning to take shape and those people are now dedicating more time and focus to grow villa. This is exciting imo.

Agreed. For me, it's less that we've suddenly acquired a new set of tools, More that we seem to have gotten them all out of the garage and asked Dave next door if we can borrow some of his. Whatever we're up to, we're definitely putting together a crew for it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Agreed. For me, it's less that we've suddenly acquired a new set of tools, More that we seem to have gotten them all out of the garage and asked Dave next door if we can borrow some of his. Whatever we're up to, we're definitely putting together a crew for it.

And more importantly - Dave from next door isn't just Dave from next door.  Dave's also widely regarded as one of the best in the business at what he does.  It's a bit like living next door to Bill and asking him if he can help you with a little MS Excel issue you are having...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think moving will be very difficult - land in the city for a project this size isn't easy to come by and we'll struggle to get a site any nearer to the city centre. I'd hate to see out toward Bodymoor and we can't really move to Wast Hills or Sandwell so our options would be really limited - I don't see a better option than buying up some big chunks of the land around the ground and rebuilding where we are. It might be just as effective to change Aston as move to somewhere else.

The wheels site will be available in 2-3 years time when the current owners get bored and still haven’t started doing anything with it. 😊

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Not sure if this is tongue and cheek but FYI we attended matches at VP and Emirates. 

Yeah, I'm not taking that at prima facie evidence we need a new stadium as suggested by another poster. 

Pretty much every opposition fan I talk to says Villa Park is their favourite stadium, young and old. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In my experience getting new tools and borrowing some more still leaves plenty of room for procrastination and the project being delayed until next bank holiday, let's hope Villa are much more efficient than me when it comes to DIY!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

What should the new stadium be called?

I wouldn’t be adverse to

(brand) Villa Park. 

barcelone have Spotify Camp Nou. Everyone refers to it as Camp Nou.

i wouldn’t want to be (brand) Arena or something else 

single word rather than two would be better, and a brand in keeping with our brand as well.

British

Heritage 

Quality 

although not many of those left with the cash to do a ten year sponsorship for £20m a year. We wouldn’t get much more unless it was a full rename like The Emirates. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, punkymonkey666 said:

Unai Emery's Fortress Villa Park. Sponsored by Adidas. And Comcast. And Orascom.

You missed out Coca-Cola.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

I wouldn’t be adverse to

(brand) Villa Park. 

i wouldn’t want to be (brand) Arena or something else 

single word rather than two would be better, and a brand in keeping with our brand as well.

British

Heritage 

Quality 

although not many of those left with the cash to do a ten year sponsorship for £20m a year. We wouldn’t get much more unless it was a full rename like The Emirates. 

JLR ?

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think moving will be very difficult - land in the city for a project this size isn't easy to come by and we'll struggle to get a site any nearer to the city centre. I'd hate to see out toward Bodymoor and we can't really move to Wast Hills or Sandwell so our options would be really limited - I don't see a better option than buying up some big chunks of the land around the ground and rebuilding where we are. It might be just as effective to change Aston as move to somewhere else.

There looks to be plenty of land around the BBC development which is ripe as they aren’t taking over all of it. 

Back to VP if they were to stay they’d have to CPO the area to build anything worthwhile around the stadium and expand the Witton. If we do stay I can see them buying up Majestics and the Holte Hotel and turning them into soft hospitality areas bars / restaurants. 

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Imagine both - a new stadium built at our home - that would be the ideal surely?

No, not for me I'm afraid. Aston is an absolute shithole, with very few redeeming features. 

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Not me. I always call it Nou Camp. 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Risso said:

No, not for me I'm afraid. Aston is an absolute shithole, with very few redeeming features. 

So was Eastlands in Manchester. So was Anfield in Liverpool. 

This is the point of wholesale redevelopment. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

So was Eastlands in Manchester. So was Anfield in Liverpool. 

This is the point of wholesale redevelopment. 

Anfield still is, not sure what your point is.

Â