Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This is definitely a plan the club have, and from my limited understanding these events are really lucrative. I think they'd want to do even more but it has impacts on the pitch. 

We’d better make hay while the sun shines then as according to the deluded great unwashed in B9 they’ll be building a 60,000 multi use super arena for concerts as well as top flight European football😀

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Ellis built three new standa at Villa Park, and the new Trinity was built even though we hardly ever sold out the 39,000 capacity in 99-00. 

This is fair, but part of that was forced by the end of terracing after Hillsborough. I'd guess the price of a stand has increased a bit since the 90s, even relatively.

Ellis also famously missed the opportunity to invest in the squad during the vital formative years of the Premier League, and we got left behind. Perhaps NSWE don't want to miss our chance.

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

I don't see how each event raises more than £0.5mil per event. In that grand scheme of things its a very thin layer of icing on a cake, there's not even any marzipan

Guessing all the little bits along with other things may add up?

Say you do 10 events per year at your evaluation it's an extra 5 mill? Added to all the other little bits they are trying to do for added income.

Wouldn't necessarily scoff at it.

23 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Maybe it's a joint farwell to Ozzy and the old North Stand and then we can embalm him and have him on display in the new North Stand lobby?

Guest appearance by:

giphy.gif

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I'd guess the price of a stand has increased a bit since the 90s, even relatively.

How's the price of buying tickets gone since the 90's?

42 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Guessing all the little bits along with other things may add up?

Say you do 10 events per year at your evaluation it's an extra 5 mill? Added to all the other little bits they are trying to do for added income.

Wouldn't necessarily scoff at it.

Absolutely no way they'll do ten events per year. 3 maybe 4 at a push

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

Absolutely no way they'll do ten events per year. 3 maybe 4 at a push

OK, covers Digne's wages for a couple of weeks anyway.

13 hours ago, paul514 said:

5% would be an expensive loan on 1 billion, could probably get 3% in the coming couple of years.

Yes, it would be expensive. The current Bank of England rate is 5 % or thereabouts. Looks like it's heading lower. But lenders will tack on a percent or so. They will also look at the profitability of the project and the risks involved. So lenders (and V Sports) would have to assess (bet on) the coming British economy,  the sustained success of Villa on the pitch and general good financial management of V Sports.

5 hours ago, bickster said:

I don't see how each event raises more than £0.5mil per event. In that grand scheme of things its a very thin layer of icing on a cake, there's not even any marzipan

I guess it's a question of perspective; if you could do 10 events of that size over a 3-year period, that would make 4-5% of your allowable losses on the PSR. That's not enormous, but unlike nearly every other way the club can make money it doesn't rely on better results, make the team worse and/or piss off the fans. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, blandy said:

What if, and I’m just speculating here, but what if those empty, unsold seats are mostly the “premium” type seats, TV and that other one? Suppose the case for a new stand assumed high demand for posh seats, but the experience with the TV seats tends to show that there’s actually not a big demand, or much of one at all for paying £120 + per game from our fanbase. That would likely undermine the business case for a fancy new stand with lots of premium seating.

I stand by that this new guy is doing really dumb stuff, badge/stand.

the owners have been great, maybe this comes from them, they obviously don’t disagree as they are letting him do this.

this WILL set us back, every year that passes we fall behind another 100m on the people they want and we want to compete with.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

Yes, it would be expensive. The current Bank of England rate is 5 % or thereabouts. Looks like it's heading lower. But lenders will tack on a percent or so. They will also look at the profitability of the project and the risks involved. So lenders (and V Sports) would have to assess (bet on) the coming British economy,  the sustained success of Villa on the pitch and general good financial management of V Sports.

Yes I understand the rates but it wouldn’t be taken out today the base rate will be 3 by the end of the year.

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Yes I understand the rates but it wouldn’t be taken out today the base rate will be 3 by the end of the year.

I don't have any special insight here ... but according to The Times

.The Bank’s governor, Andrew Bailey, has repeatedly indicated rates will remain where they are for some time. December’s inflation rate increase, while small, could validate his concerns, and lead the committee to keep rates at their current level for longer.

The latest Monetary Policy report says rates are expected to remain around 5.25% until autumn 2024 and then decline gradually to 4.25% by the end of 2026.

Plus lenders/investors may have projects that have a higher payback than 5 %. NSWE would likely have to forkout some of the money themselves so are the returns higher than 5 % from their current investments? As yet I have not seen anyone do a ROI calculation either for the new stand or a pie in the sky new stadium.

9 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

I don't have any special insight here ... but according to The Times

Plus lenders/investors may have projects that have a higher payback than 5 %. NSWE would likely have to forkout some of the money themselves so are the returns higher than 5 % from their current investments? As yet I have not seen anyone do a ROI calculation either for the new stand or a pie in the sky new stadium.

I know what some people are saying, I'm saying it will be 3%, its important for my job to know.

What happens in 2025 I'm not sure if it will continue to nose dive or if they will be sensible and hold it there.

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

How's the price of buying tickets gone since the 90's?

A lot, but clearly not enough to make a new stand financially viable.

It's not ideal for people who go to Villa Park every week and want it modernised, but why do we think they've shelved these plans?

5 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

A lot, but clearly not enough to make a new stand financially viable.

It's not ideal for people who go to Villa Park every week and want it modernised, but why do we think they've shelved these plans?

I have no idea.
First you think they don't want to pay out their own pocket which is a little worrying, but, then you think well they could borrow against the club and do it and have decided not to do it.

There is no way a new stand wouldn't pay for itself if we borrowed the money to do it.......

So I have no idea.

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

There is no way a new stand wouldn't pay for itself if we borrowed the money to do it......

Can you go through your assumptions and math please?

• Like 1

Â