Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So The Holte Suite is unavailable on Sunday because of "undertaking renovations and upgrades"

Anyone heard of this before?  I don't recall anything about major changes here.

A bit shoddy it's not ready in time for the first game though.   Would never have happened under Purslow.

It probably would have happened under Purslow. These stadium improvements are identified and planned well in advance, obviously. Contracts are placed well ahead of work of any scale. It's likely this particular improvement was identified and planned under Purslow's time.

In general it's nice that there's a seemingly constant stream of improvements underway, whether bigger stands or upgraded facilities. The downside is the disruption while it's ongoing and also the price increases and general drift further and further from the idea of just turning up, watching a game for a reasonable price and then going home, or off to the pub. It's pretty much all aimed at increasing revenue in a never ending arms race for money.

• Thanks 1

Just now, blandy said:

It probably would have happened under Purslow. These stadium improvements are identified and planned well in advance, obviously. Contracts are placed well ahead of work of any scale. It's likely this particular improvement was identified and planned under Purslow's time.

In general it's nice that there's a seemingly constant stream of improvements underway, whether bigger stands or upgraded facilities. The downside is the disruption while it's ongoing and also the price increases and general drift further and further from the idea of just turning up, watching a game for a reasonable price and then going home, or off to the pub. It's pretty much all aimed at increasing revenue in a never ending arms race for money.

Worded it better than I would have.

28 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So The Holte Suite is unavailable on Sunday because of "undertaking renovations and upgrades"

Anyone heard of this before?  I don't recall anything about major changes here.

A bit shoddy it's not ready in time for the first game though.   Would never have happened under Purslow.

Will lose an absolute **** fortune especially with the world cup final kicking off at 11am 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, blandy said:

As long as the Bartons and the local chippy manage to stay open I willl be happy.

I am a pleb and proud of it.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

As long as the Bartons and the local chippy manage to stay open I willl be happy.

I am a pleb and proud of it.

Surely if you were a pleb you'd be going to The Holte Suite and spending £6.50 on a shitty pint in a plastic glass before eating some cardboard french fries instead of paying much less for a proper pint and some decent chips. 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, sidcow said:

Surely if you were a pleb you'd be going to The Holte Suite and spending £6.50 on a shitty pint in a plastic glass before eating some cardboard french fries instead of paying much less for a proper pint and some decent chips. 

He said he was a plebiscite not an idiot! 

36 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

The "T" isn't fixed on the Holte End seats yet

Can only hope it's delayed rather than them intending to leave it like that. It's the kind of penny pinching bodge job I'd have expected from Deadly.

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Can only hope it's delayed rather than them intending to leave it like that. It's the kind of penny pinching bodge job I'd have expected from Deadly.

Am I right in thinking that expenditure on this wouldn't impact our FFP calculation? I don't think it's a money saving thing.

I can only assume the delay is due to supplier issues/the limited window they had to do all the work after the post season concerts.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Personally, I never thought the Holte needed a label.  A minority view perhaps.  On the other hand, I hope very much for “AV” spelt out in the upper tier of the new stand.

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

I noticed that. Seemed a bit odd. Can't believe Everton wouldn't be able to sell them.

It was in the lower north, would be home sales.  It just seems a reduction in capacity by a couple of hundred, and given just how monetized the owners are I am surprised they have done this unless they have been advised to do so on safety grounds.

Seeing the Terrace view facility  pics just highlights how bad the rest of the stadium is in terms of fans facilities and will always be due to the limitations of the site.

I know moving isn’t an option so it’s pointless to discuss but I’d love a new stadium to be built on the Star city site for example 

• Like 2

I think that is a bit unfair.

Trinity is class, Holte is, well, I wouldn't change it for anything. We are getting a new North which will be class and down the line I can see there being a new Witton Lane.

All that will be delivered sooner than any new built would be.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

37 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Seeing the Terrace view facility  pics just highlights how bad the rest of the stadium is in terms of fans facilities and will always be due to the limitations of the site.

The new Terrace View was built within the limitations of the site, it's more than possible to improve concourses.

The Terrace View is actually the perfect example of the standard the club should be looking to reach in the general access concourses in every stand.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The new Terrace View was built within the limitations of the site, it's more than possible to improve concourses.

The Terrace View is actually the perfect example of the standard the club should be looking to reach in the general access concourses in every stand.

I know it should be the standard and not just for GA+ and there is no chance they will roll it out across VP now they’ve developed the terrace view. 

• Like 1

Â